Junior Communication Associate
Climate Policy Initiative
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
8 days ago
Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
The Brazil office works in partnership with PUC-Rio and runs several economic and legal research initiatives that focus on helping increase the protection of natural resources and food production in Brazil. More information about the Climate Policy Initiative in Brazil can be found at http://climatepolicyinitiative.org/brazil.
CPI is looking for a Junior Communications Associate to support its growing Brazil program. The position will be full-time and based in CPI’s office in Rio de Janeiro. The position will support all of Brazil program’s agendas, including Climate Law and Governance, Conservation, Infrastructure, Sustainable Agriculture, Financial Instruments, Energy, and Climate Finance.
Strong candidates will demonstrate excellent communication skills, comfort working in an environment that requires independent thinking as well as collaboration, and enthusiasm and commitment to CPI’s mission and values. They will also need to show interest in climate policy, land use, and economics.
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Associate, the Junior Communications Associate will be responsible for assisting to translate economics and financial language into clear, concise, and accessible insights. They will work together with the Senior Program Associate to increase the Brazil Program’s impact across agendas.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Support the editing, and review of work products from CPI’s Brazil team, including analytical papers, presentations, blog posts, and opinion editorials targeted at multiple global audiences–including policymakers and finance leaders
- Support external communications strategies for CPI, including traditional media, social media and other channels as needed
- Monitor and track CPI’s communication efforts and policy impact. Help measure and assess comms KPIs; rely on analytics to understand causality and drivers of indicators; use experimentation to improve communications processes and effectiveness
- Support with event planning and coordination
- Support CPI's contact relationship management process; assist teams in making the best use of the CRM platform; ensure good usage practices; routinely clean and improve available data
- Contribute to developing and maintaining a knowledge base of reference materials and information for CPI staff
- Progressive experience or demonstrable equivalent skills in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, policy, economics, international development, or related field or equivalent experience
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Commitment to the mission and values of CPI
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in both Portuguese and English
- Editing skills, with the ability to restructure as well as copyedit. Ability to tackle technical material and translate complex qualitative and quantitative analyses into clear, concise, and accessible insights for policymakers and other stakeholders
- Experience writing in a variety of formats–web, print publications, briefing papers, press releases, etc
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational, and prioritization skills, and an ability to work independently under pressure and on tight deadlines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
CPI is hiring for one full-time position, open immediately. The position is located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. CPI in Brazil hires through the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio) and offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should click here to submit their CV and application letter outlining why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the above requirements no later than July 8th, 2022, when short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the selection process.
We strongly encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, and other individuals who are under-represented in the profession, across color, creed, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity, or any other legally protected basis.
Climate Policy Initiative is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) and we are working to embed DEI across every facet of our organization. We seek to establish a working environment where all board members, staff, volunteers, and contractors feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are openly valued as critical to the success of our organization and the achievement of our mission and vision.