Senior Finance & Grants Associate
Climate Policy Initiative
London, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) works to improve the most important energy and land use policies around the world, with a particular focus on finance. CPI supports decision makers through in-depth analysis on what works and what does not. CPI works in places that provide the most potential for policy impact, including Brazil, Europe, India, Indonesia and the United States. Our work helps nations grow while addressing increasingly scarce resources and climate risk. This is a complex challenge in which policy plays a crucial role. CPI is a small but dynamic organization, with a global reach and an entrepreneurial culture. We work hard to maintain an idea-driven, collaborative environment across all our teams.
CPI is currently looking for an exceptional Senior Finance and Grants Associate to support our global offices implementing projects across the world. You will be responsible for ensuring that CPI’s financial systems and procedures are compliant with our internal policies, donor requirements and relevant laws and regulations. You will have the opportunity to work for an innovative global organization with a highly motivated team.
The Senior Finance and Grants Associate will contribute to the effectiveness and impact of CPI’s work by supporting the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to ensure sound financial and administrative practices across the organization. You will work with the CFO and country Finance and Operations teams to advance efficient and accurate financial reporting and develop and improve upon internal policies, systems, procedures, and tools. Additionally, you will actively engage with others across the organization to ensure that CPI’s overall financial management and reporting systems and procedures are efficient and informative.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Create interim and final financial reports ensuring financial accuracy and proper coding of expenses in line with CPI policies and procedures and donor requirements
- Work collaboratively with research managers to ensure donor requirements are well understood, compliance procedures are efficient and deadlines are adhered to
- Periodically review accounts and project spending performance, ensure financial monitoring is current, documented and communicated to relevant staff
- Review and ensure that supporting documents are present and correct and in line with CPI and donor policies for procurement, authorization and sound accounting practices
- Review and monitor project budgets and flag areas of concern to CFO
- Ensure the integrity of finance records and assist in creating and streamlining knowledge management systems and processes
- Improve the utilization of CPI’s accounting software for project reporting and funds management
- Provide day to day finance support to the CFO and Accounting team including analysis, budgeting, and reporting
- Liaise with operations and research staff to ensure processes are clear, procedures are followed and deadlines are met
- Compile finance content required under Requests for Proposals, manage financial aspects of donor due diligence requests, and support grant-specific audits
- Support review and administration of donor agreements and agreements with consultants and subgrantees including due diligence, procurement and monitoring
- Track and review advance/reimbursement requests to donors
Qualifications & Experience
- A commitment to CPI's mission and values
- A demonstrated understanding of non-profit accounting, financial reporting, and grants management as they relate to international NGOs
- Significant experience with grants and contract management from diverse foundation donors and governmental entities (such as UK DFID, Germany BMU) in an INGO environment
- Experience compiling and reviewing financial reports to donors
- Proven ability to track and manage several projects and processes simultaneously
- Excellent command of MS Excel and experience with accounting software (Sage Intacct a plus)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- A customer service focused approach to building relationships with a multifaceted team
- Ability to work independently
Location & Compensation
CPI is hiring for one full-time position for an immediate start in our London office. CPI offers an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package. Compensation will be based on skills and experience in line with CPI's competency framework.
Visit this link to submit an application. With your application, attach two documents: (1) CV/resume, (2) a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience align with the above requirements and why you want to work with CPI.
The position will remain open until we find the right candidate to join our team. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and we therefore encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we are working to embed DEI across every facet of our organisation. We seek to establish a working environment where all board members, staff, volunteers, and contractors feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are openly valued as critical to the success of our organization and the achievement of our mission and vision.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.