Program Operations Associate
Climate Policy Initiative
London, United Kingdom
26 days ago
CPI is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has five offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
CPI is known as a leader in tracking sustainable investment trends, identifying innovative business models, and supporting the solutions that can drive the transition to a low-carbon, climate-resilient, inclusive economy. We are unique in our focus on finance, our ability to get the right people to the table, and our analytical rigor.
About the role
CPI is seeking a proactive and detail-oriented Program Operations Associate to provide critical operational support to the Climate Finance program. This position requires an independent and resourceful individual with strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. The position requires strong attention to detail, a high level of professionalism, and the ability to multitask projects simultaneously.
This position is ideal for a candidate looking to build a career in the international development or climate change space, with a particular focus on program and/or grant management.
You will report to the Manager, Program Operations, and work closely with team members across offices and departments in the United States, United Kingdom, India and Indonesia.
Roles and responsibilities
Includes the following and others as assigned:
- Provide project lifecycle administrative support including:
- Supporting the preparation of due diligence submissions and project proposals
- Drafting consultant contracts; arranging for approvals; processing invoices
- Supporting the preparation of project reports and audits
- Maintain accurate data on key project management platforms including Fluxx, Grantseeker, and Sage Intacct, working closely with project managers to monitor changes
- Support the implementation of internal project management policies and procedures
- Support internal knowledge management and sharing processes including maintaining data on our CRM (Airtable)
- Communicate and collaborate with CPI staff working around the globe.
- Proven experience in providing administration support. Experience working in an international and/or not-for-profit organization or in program administration is desirable
- Knowledge or experience with international donor grant management is desirable
- Familiarity with best practice project management processes. Project Management qualifications such as Prince2, Agile or similar are desirable but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in Fluxx, Grantseeker, Airtable and/or Sage Intacct is desirable
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required
- You are committed to CPI’s mission and values
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You are a stickler for detail and have strong organizational skills
- You are capable of juggling multiple tasks and priorities at the same time and adhering to strict deadlines
- You are self-motivated and dependable with a passion for learning
- You are calm under pressure and perform all tasks with absolute professionalism.
CPI is recruiting for one full-time position in our London office.
During the current coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, CPI has adopted a flexible working policy whereby staff are able to work remotely as they wish with the office available for use as and when required such as for team meetings and collaboration.
CPI offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. Compensation will be commensurate with experience in line with CPI's compensation framework.
Click here to submit an application. With your application, attach two documents in English: (1) An up-to-date CV and (2) a cover letter outlining why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the above criteria.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis so we encourage applicants to submit at the earliest opportunity. The position will remain open until we find the right person.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
Climate Policy Initiative is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we are working to embed DEI across every facet of our organisation. We seek to establish a working environment where all board members, staff, volunteers, and contractors feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are openly valued as critical to the success of our organization and the achievement of our mission and vision.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.