Climate Policy Initiative
London, United Kingdom
30+ days ago
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
CPI is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
We are seeking a talented and driven communications associate, responsible for all communications aspects of the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance, as well as supporting other projects across CPI, and collaborating with CPI’s global communications team.
You will possess the ability to translate economics, finance, and policy analyses into clear, concise, and accessible insights for investors and policymakers. You will be responsible for leveraging a broad range of communications tools and skills to ensure Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance’s tools, resources, events, and membership opportunities are visible to, and help provide actionable guidance to, decision makers across the urban climate finance ecosystem. Candidates should have a strong, demonstrated interest in sustainable business, investment, finance, and economics, and dedication to CPI’s mission and impact.
You will report to a Senior Communications Associate based in London and will collaborate with communications, analysts, leadership, and operations colleagues around the world. You will also work with external stakeholders, including the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance members, funders, partner programs, and media.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Develop and carry out integrated external communications strategies
- Manage the communications calendar and timelines for the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance, including to communicate deadlines and expectations clearly with analysts, leadership, communications team members, and external stakeholders
- Create, edit, and oversee production of branded materials including research products, presentations, graphics, fact sheets, videos, blog posts/op-eds, press materials, and marketing materials targeted at multiple global audiences, including private investors, policymakers, and media.
- Secure and coordinate event and speaking opportunities including to develop talking points for senior leadership speaking roles at high-level events, and support the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance’s members and stakeholders enhancing visibility
- Place stories in top-tier business, financial, and energy sector media
- Manage social media and web content for the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance
- Train and mentor analysts and leadership on effective communications, including in writing and presentation skills
- Maintain professional interactions with external stakeholders
- Assist with other communications activities as needed, including event planning and support for membership events in international locations.
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Progressive multi-years’ experience or demonstrable equivalent skills in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field
- Advanced English fluency, especially with writing and editing skills (high proficiency with technical and business content), with the ability to restructure as well as copyedit
- Ability to turn economics and finance knowledge into accessible insights for investors, policymakers, and other stakeholders
- Independent worker and strategic thinker, who learns quickly and is able to successfully navigate unchartered territory
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships in a cross-cultural, global working environment
- Polished, diplomatic interface with internal and external stakeholders to overcome barriers, meet deadlines, and achieve project goals
- Outstanding organizational, project management, and prioritization skills, and ability to manage deliverables and influence people across locations
- Ability to work flexibly and with a solutions-oriented approach, under pressure, and on tight deadlines
- Experience writing in a variety of formats – web, print publications, briefing papers, press releases, etc.
- Experience with media outreach and public relations. Experience with financial media desirable.
- Experience in event management and managing stakeholder relationships
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are heavily used)
- Experience with social media and online content management systems, including WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, or equivalents
- Experience with Airtable or other CRM systems
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite desirable
- Graphic design/data visualization skills desirable
- Experience with the investor, sustainable business, municipal finance, and/or policy community desirable.
CPI is hiring for one full-time position. We are seeking someone based in London, and the position may require international travel. CPI offers an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package, including a salary between £35,000 - £45,000 per annum depending upon experience.
Click here to submit an application. With your application, attach: (1) CV/resume, (2) a cover letter, (3) 1-2 original, unedited writing samples- attach to the cover letter. The cover letter should outline why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the position requirements. The writing sample(s) should be provided as external links or uploaded as additional pages in your CV.
The position will remain open until we find the right candidate to join our team. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and we, therefore, encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.