Climate Policy Initiative
30+ days ago
Analyst, Green Investment
CPI offers a challenging environment that requires independent thinking, collaboration, and pragmatic problem solving. Analysts support the deliverables of CPI’s international Climate Finance workstream, focusing on issues such as the governance of international funds, the evaluation of their allocation and effectiveness, and the design of innovative climate finance instruments that effectively align public and private interests.
Under the supervision and guidance of the country office Director, Analysts undertake robust and careful analysis, drawing on methodologies from micro- and macroeconomics, public policy, regulatory economics, finance, behavioral science, risk management, statistics, law, engineering, and other academic and commercial disciplines. Analysts work in close cooperation with a range of international partners from the policy, finance, and corporate spheres, as well as with CPI teams across the globe.
In Indonesia, CPI partners with relevant ministries to understand, develop, and adjust fiscal policies and mechanisms that encourage the transition to a green economy and the optimal use of land and energy resources. In efforts to accelerate green investment, particularly in the energy sector, CPI works with public and private financing institutions.
We are looking for individuals that can demonstrate solid quantitative skills and have a proven interest in climate change, clean technology research, and/or policy analysis. We place a premium on problem-structuring ability, initiative, and on collaborative team players.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following and others as assigned:
- Perform rigorous quantitative and qualitative evaluation of national and international climate finance mechanisms and climate and energy policies, risk management, and interactions between public and private actors and resources
- Conduct research into, and tracking of, climate and energy policy developments
- Contribute to the design, management, and implementation of complex research assignments and analytical projects
- Engage clients throughout the research process and advise policymakers on the implications of research findings
- Participate in the production, editing, and quality control of outgoing products
- Communicate and collaborate with CPI staff working around the globe
Experience & Competencies
- A commitment to CPI’s mission and values
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, and policy or related, quantitatively rigorous field or equivalent demonstrable professional working experience
- Minimum has 4 years of experience in analyzing climate finance, economics of policy choices, and/or energy and climate markets, cities/urban climate finance, land use finance and/or tracking climate finance
- Experience working in project developers, financial institutions and/or advisory firms (i.e. investment bank, development financial institution, corporate finance advisory firm, credit guarantee company, credit rating agency or management consulting company) is highly desirable
- Theoretical and practical knowledge analyzing project investments in green sector and climate markets. Academic, private sector experience and/or government or multi-lateral experience is valuable
- Understanding of current climate and energy policies under discussion in relevant countries, with a specific focus on the interaction with finance
- Proficient user of MS Office suite, in particular Excel
- Independent, analytical mind with a track record of applying sound financial, political and strategic judgment to complex issues
- Flexibility, professionalism, enthusiasm for working as part of a team, and an ability to interact with a diverse array of people
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, time management, and prioritization skills, and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills including fluency in English
- Experience working in an international environment
- Postgraduate qualification in abovementioned field
- Private sector and/or government or multi-lateral experience
- Experience in financial modeling and/or macroeconomic modeling of energy and climate markets
- Additional language skills, especially in languages used in CPI program countries
Please visit our website here to submit your application by COB April 8, 2022. With your application, attach two documents: (1) CV/resume, (2) a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience match the requirements listed as well as why you want to work with CPI. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.
Climate Policy Initiative is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we are working to embed DEI across every facet of our organization. We seek to establish a working environment where all board members, staff, volunteers, and contractors feel respected and valued regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, disability, education, or any other bias. We want to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are openly valued as critical to the success of our organization and the achievement of our mission and vision.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process.