Senior Communications Associate, India Program
Climate Policy Initiative
30+ days ago
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. We are unique in our focus on finance, our ability to get the right people to the table, and our analytical rigor.
CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
CPI is looking for a senior communications associate, responsible for all communications aspects for the work of our India office, as well as collaboration with the global communications team.
You will possess the ability to translate economics, finance, and policy analysis into clear, concise, and accessible insights for investors and policymakers. You will be responsible for leveraging a broad range of communications tools and skills to ensure CPI’s expertise is visible to, and helps provide actionable guidance to, decision makers at the highest levels. Candidates should have a strong, demonstrated interest in sustainable business, investment, finance, and economics, and dedication to CPI’s mission and impact.
You will report to the Global Head of Communications based in San Francisco, be responsible to the Director of CPI’s India Program, and will closely collaborate with everyone in CPI’s Delhi office as well as communications, analysts, leadership, and operations colleagues around the world. You will also work with external stakeholders including funders, investors, partner NGOs, government representatives, and media.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following and other duties as assigned:
- Develop and carry out integrated, external communications strategies that are aligned with directly influencing the intended audience and have measurable KPIs
- Guide content development-including storyboards, key messaging, and structure—and editing of all CPI India publications
- Oversee production of CPI materials including research products, presentations, graphics, fact sheets, talking points, videos, blog posts, op-eds, social media content, and press materials, targeted for various stakeholder groups in India, as well as multiple global audiences
- Manage the communications calendar and timelines for India program initiatives, publications, and events, including to communicate deadlines and expectations clearly with analysts, leadership, communications team members, and external stakeholders
- Secure and coordinate event and speaking opportunities including to develop talking points for senior leadership speaking roles at high-level events
- Place stories in top-tier business, financial, and energy sector media
- Manage social media and web content
- Train and mentor analysts and leadership on effective communications, including in writing and presentation skills
- Train, mentor, and supervise communications staff that report to the position, currently one digital communications assistant
- Assist with other communications activities as needed, including support for CPI international activities
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Advanced English fluency, especially with writing and editing skills (high proficiency with technical and business content), with the ability to restructure as well as copyedit
- Ability to turn economics and finance knowledge into accessible insights for investors, policymakers, and other stakeholders
- Independent worker and strategic thinker, who learns quickly and is able to successfully navigate unchartered territory
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships in a cross-cultural, global working environment
- Polished, diplomatic interface with internal and external stakeholders to overcome barriers, meet deadlines achieve project goals
- Outstanding organizational, project management, and prioritization skills, and ability to manage deliverables and influence people across locations
- Ability to work flexibly and with a solutions-oriented approach, under pressure, and on tight deadlines
- Experience writing in a variety of formats – web, print publications, briefing papers, press releases, etc.
- Experience with media outreach and public relations. Experience with financial media desirable.
- Experience in event management and managing stakeholder relationships
- Managing personnel, including their professional development
- Development and management of project budgets
- Vendor management, including developing and running RFPs, billing/invoice management, and maintaining positive relationships to inspire high quality work that is on time and on budget
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are heavily used on a daily basis)
- Social media and online content management systems, including Wordpress, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, or equivalents
- Airtable or other CRM systems
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite desirable
- Graphic design/data visualization skills desirable
- Experience with the investor, sustainable business, and/or policy community desirable
- Work experience or demonstrable equivalent technical skills in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
CPI is hiring for one position, open immediately. We are seeking someone based in Delhi but are open to other India locations for outstanding candidates who are able to travel to Delhi on a regular basis. The position may require international travel.
Click here to submit application or visit our website submit an application.
With your application, attach: (1) CV/resume, (2) a cover letter, (3) 1-2 business writing samples authored solely by you.
The cover letter should outline why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the position requirements. The writing sample(s) should be provided as external links or uploaded as additional pages in your CV.
The position will remain open until we find the right candidate to join our team. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and we therefore encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.