Digital Communication Assistant
Climate Policy Initiative
30+ days ago
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. Our mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. CPI has six offices around the world in Brazil, India, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
We are seeking a talented and driven digital communications assistant who will lead the digital outputs of our busy, global team. The successful candidate will keep our social media followers engaged and inspired, growing our following there. You will also be responsible for creating high-quality, effective, and engaging email campaigns that target our global audiences, as well ensure our website content is optimized.
You will possess the ability to translate economics and financial language into clear, concise, and accessible insights. You will have belief in communications as a critical component to influence decision makers at the highest levels, strong, demonstrated interest in sustainable business, investment, finance, and economics, and dedication to CPI’s mission and impact.
You will report to a Senior Communications Associate and will collaborate with communications, analysts, leadership, and operations colleagues around the world.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Social media – manage and maintain CPI’s social media accounts; prepare social media packets and schedule social media for key events and publications; develop and execute plans to grow our wider social media presence and following
- Website – post and update content for the CPI website and its key programs, the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance and the Lab; ensure content is shareable, search-friendly, and allows for a great user experience; work with external web developers to identify and prioritize issues as well as improvements on the CPI website
- Email newsletter – create and manage CPI’s email newsletter distribution, including optimizing campaigns and managing audience groups
- Mentor and train team members, including leadership, on how to effectively use social media and digital communications to raise visibility
- Monitor and evaluate CPI’s digital communications reach on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with other communications activities as needed, including publicity, design, and events
- Maintain professional interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- At least two years progressive experience or demonstrable equivalent skills in digital communications, marketing, social media, or a related field.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, policy, international development, or related.
COMPETENCIES & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Experience writing in a variety of formats – web, social media, print publications, briefing papers, press releases, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices in digital communications – technical skills in Wordpress, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Hootsuite and social media platforms as well as some exposure to search engine optimization
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite. Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, project management, and prioritization skills, and an ability to work independently under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate a cross-cultural, global working environment
- Graphic design/data visualization skills desirable
- Fluency in English required, with superior written skills. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesian, Mandarin Chinese, or Spanish desirable, but not required.
TITLE AND COMPENSATION
CPI is hiring for one position open immediately. We are seeking someone based in Delhi, Jakarta, or London, and are also open to outstanding candidates based remotely. You must have the right to live and work in your preferred location – CPI is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
The position may require international travel. CPI offers a competitive total rewards package and basic salary will be based on experience and location.
Click here or visit our website www.climatepolicyinitiative.org to submit an application.
With your application, attach: (1) CV/resume in English, (2) a cover letter in English outlining why you want to work with CPI and how your skills and experience align with the position requirements, and 3) one or more writing samples in English that have not been edited by anyone other than yourself.
The position will remain open until we find the right individual to join our team. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and we therefore encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Climate Policy Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.