Climate Connect Digital
28 days ago
We are a team of talented and inspired professionals, motivated to change the world by making energy greener, and more affordable. Established in 2011 in London, we are now one of the most recognized artificial intelligence companies in the power sector with recent recognitions from the US Department of Energy and from the CleanTech Group. Our services are trusted by the largest and best performing renewable energy and distribution companies in India. In 2020, we started functioning as an independent subsidiary of the largest renewable energy generator in India, ReNew Power.
Like most successful start-ups, we started with just a dream: To have a global 100% renewables powered grid, at 10% of the price we pay for our energy today, with 100% reliability of supply for all. We believe that machine learning and other software technologies will be key in enabling this vision. Thus, our mission is to construct the data architecture and design algorithms that give an intelligently powered future to the world. Join us in turning this dream into a reality
What it’s really like to work here:
We recognize the value that company culture plays in the recruitment process. Beyond the standard technical and experience fit, we look for individuals who will become a part of our family. When you join our team, you become a part of a strong network of brilliant and an accomplished legacy from top engineering and business schools in the world such as the Indian Institute of Technology, Oxford University, University of Cambridge, University College of London and many more.
We want more people who can thrive in a collaborative team-environment. Our multi-layered support system, comprising a global network of advisors, provides unparalleled opportunities for growth and learning in a friendly environment. We don’t believe in old-fashioned hierarchies. We work in teams and give people at all levels the freedom to lead and implement projects. With flexible hours and merit-based reward systems, we offer tremendous potential for advancement.
You are the person for this job, if you have these qualities:
- Ambitious. You are always up for a challenge that provides an avenue for quick learning and growth.
- Initiative. You don’t wait to be told what to do. You actively seek out the opportunity in every change.
- Problem-solver. You proactively identify challenges and risks to the project and offer solutions. You demonstrate the ability to transform theoretical knowledge to practical, real-world situations.
- Honesty. You work diligently and honestly. You have strong moral principles.
- Critical-thinker. You have the ability to think critically and conceptually about the role of each feature/development unit in the achievement of the product’s goals.
We are looking for people with knowledge of:
- Data Architecture
- Python, Numpy, Pandas, Spark, Scala
- Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure, Hadoop
- Databases like MongoDB, SQL, MYSQL
- APIs and JSON-REST
What you’ll work on:
As the Data Engineer, you will be responsible for working on Data Architecture. You will be busy scraping data from datasets and performing data conversion operations to make it ready for use in the forecasting model for Wind and Solar Power plants. Ultimately, through your contribution to the renewable energy revolution, you will be doing your bit to mitigate the effects of climate change. These are a few things you can look forward to working on:
- Developing, constructing, testing and maintaining architectures of data
- Aligning data architecture with business requirements
- Data acquisition
- Developing data set processes
- Identifying ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Conducting research for industry and business questions
- Using large data sets to address business issues
- Deploying sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
- Preparing data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Finding hidden patterns using data
- Using data to discover tasks that can be automated
- Delivering updates to stakeholders based on analytics
- B.E/B.Tech/M.tech/BSC in CS or IT
- 1 - 4 years of experience in the field of Computer Engineering
Where you will work:
- Pune, Maharashtra
- The remuneration for this position is one of the most competitive in the market
How we will select you:
- We will parse your CVs and if selected our HR department will connect with you and confirm your interest.
- A problem statement will be given to you to work on at home. We will assess your responses for accuracy, clarity and timeliness.
- There will be three interview rounds, out of which two rounds will be technical assessment and one will be a personal interview.
How you can apply:
- Applications for this role are collected via our career site. You can visit the career site here: