Transitions Programme Senior Market Analyst
Climate Bonds Initiative
30 days ago
Job title: Transitions Programme Senior Market Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Market Intelligence
Salary: £43-48,000 per annum
Closing date: 7th August 2022
To date, green and climate finance capital flows have been principally directed at activities which can be considered ‘already green’. There has been significantly less investment into transitioning activities and assets that are associated with the highest-emitting industries and entities, especially in the corporate sphere. However, to meet Paris Agreement goals and the EU net zero 2050 target, an economy-wide transition in which companies transition away from existing activities towards better alternatives is critical.
The Climate Bonds Initiative’s multi-year Transition Programme is focused on driving global decarbonisation. The successful candidate for this position will have strong analytical skills and excellent writing skills, as well as the ability to demonstrate initiative and experience managing a small team and research projects.
The Senior Transition Analyst will join the Market Intelligence team to develop research products and conduct analysis on transition finance at both company and instrument levels.
What you'll be doing..
- Conducting data analysis at both company and instrument level including of entity transition plans
- Manage and support analysts during research work (issuer screening, bond screening etc)
- Line management responsibilities for transition analysts providing guidance, leadership and professional development support
- Project management for transition project deliverables in the Market Intelligence team
- Producing and managing the development of high quality-visuality appealing analytical reports, briefings and other publications on transition finance
- Identifying credible transition instruments, bonds, plans, and provide firsthand market analysis
- Liaising within and outside Climate bonds on transition data enquiries and representing Climate Bonds with internal and external stakeholders
- Support the Head of Transition Programme and Head of Market Intelligence team by proactively identifying opportunities to build our transition market offering
We'd love to hear from you if you can demonstrate the following..
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in line management and mentoring of other team members, including setting professional development goals
- An understanding of financial markets, including market development processes, key stakeholders and financial instruments
- Proven ability to independently conduct high quality financial research and analyse large quantities of information across different datasets
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to interpret complex issues for various audiences and present information in an accessible and engaging manner
- A proven track record of identifying needs and proactively delivering high quality reports / analytical outputs with impactful and compelling messaging
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to effectively identify and engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Skills in using financial terminals such as Bloomberg or Refiniv Eikon
What’s in it for you?
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £43,000.00-£48,000.00 per year