Climate Bonds Initiative
15 days ago
Sustainability Analyst (Agri-foods)
Closing date: 20th November
Start date: ASAP
Investor demand for sustainable investments is high and this demand can be unlocked to address climate change through the creation of science-based definitions. The Climate Bonds Standard and Certification Scheme is a labelling scheme for financial debt instruments to ensure alignment with the goals of the Paris Agreement on climate change. The Scheme is used globally by bond issuers, governments, investors, and the financial markets to prioritise investments which genuinely contribute to addressing climate change.
Under the CBI Standard are sector specific criteria that outline the requirements for financial instruments to be certified under the scheme. One of these sectors is Agriculture where criteria were first published in 2020 for crops and extended to include livestock in 2021.
In January 2022, Climate Bonds launched a three-year programme aimed at accelerating the transition of agriculture and food (agri-food) systems toward net-zero, resilient, and sustainable outcomes. Its purpose is to mobilise finance needed for that transition.
The Analyst being hired will be responsible for co-ordinating technical experts and undertaking research for the development of criteria for parts of the agri-food system that must transition to Paris aligned goals.Requirements
- Developing thought leadership for each sector tackled. This includes undertaking high level research online and key stakeholder interviews to:
- Identify organisations and work already done in this area that could be leveraged
- Identify the key climate and other green and social challenges and solutions facing that sector
- Identify a pathway to net zero with an accompanying justification for the profile
- Identify a suitable lead technical consultant or academic who could develop the criteria and supporting individuals who could form a technical working group
- In conjunction with the Technical Lead and managerial support, manage the criteria development process to ensure that the development of criteria reflect scientific consensus on definitions, and market needs, and are driven and supported by the Technical Working Group;
- Supporting the roll out of a market education programme that builds understanding and use of the taxonomy and criteria. This includes internal and external webinars and discussion pieces;
- Engaging different stakeholders, strengthening relationships, building and maintaining new relationships and advocate Climate Bonds’ positions on relevant aspects of sustainable finance;
- Within CBI, provide expertise and support on all queries relating to agri-food systems.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (e.g. agriculture, environmental science, food science, nutrition etc.)
- An interest in climate change solutions and the role finance plays
- Ability to manage, coordinate and prioritise projects
- Enthusiastic, motivated, outgoing
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent English writing and oral skills
- Excellent people management skills (public and industry partner groups, focusing on engagement and collaboration)
What’s in it for you?
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.
Job Type: Full-time