Climate Bonds Initiative
7 days ago
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise global capital for climate action.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions. Climate Bonds Initiative is spearheading efforts to drive the transition of hard to abate sectors through the creation of robust sustainability standards for financing and supporting the development of the necessary policy and regulatory frameworks. To support this work Climate Bonds Initiative is looking for a highly skilled, experienced programme manager in order to deliver on our transition programme goals.
In this role, the Industrial Transition Programme Manager will provide cross-functional leadership and coordination across the core technical teams, communications team, training & events team, and the supporting administrative teams such as finance and HR to deliver the projects in a manner that is professional and seamless.
What you'll be doing...*
1.Take responsibility for successful delivery of industrial transition projects, co-ordination of the projects, goals, budgets, objectives and managing the interdependencies. Working closely particularly with the policy and financial regulations teams to ensure transition finance is well-embedded throughout the workstreams and strategy
2. Support Head of Transitions Programme to ensure projects are engaging strategically with external stakeholders and team leaders are maximising engagement opportunities across the organisation.
3. Retain a high-level awareness in emerging transition finance discussion in the EU, India, and China, keeping pace with the ongoing developments in taxonomies, regulations, policy, market & investor trends, leaving detail to respective teams e.g., policy development with Policy team, EU taxonomy with Standards team.
4. Support Head of Transitions Programme with maintaining focus, enthusiasm, and momentum to ensure overall integrity and coherence of the programme.
5. Undertake new industrial transition project and updated project work planning, prepare and distribute project materials to project teams (workplans, project information on deliverables), ensure the project management software is up to date and changes are reflected
6. Act as knowledge repository for industrial transition projects, be familiar with grant and commercial contract requirements, keep track of key internal stakeholders involved in different project teams and facilitate communication across Climate Bonds
7. Maintain up to date documentation for industrial transition projects – collating and ensuring easy access to all deliverables, project reports, up to date budgets, lists of staff involved
8. Track project spend across budgets, produce financial reports in collaboration with finance team for projects as needed internally and for donor reports
9. Communicate with clients and donors on behalf of Climate Bonds, support design team developing new projects as needed.
*We'd love to hear from you if you can demonstrate...
At least 8 years of work experience in a project and programme management related role, ideally in an NGO / non-profit setting, with an understanding of donor relations and contract management
Knowledge of the EU agenda on sustainable and climate finance – including the regulatory environment, role of financial supervisory authorities and how these link with transition finance or strong desire and ability to learn
Degree in finance, climate, or another relevant field.
Strong critical thinking, strategic and problem-solving skills, able to drive change and provide clarity on the implications of complex issues and how these will affect the programme
Significant experience at of managing competing resource demands and time conflicts in a sensitive and efficient manner to achieve organisational goals and create a culture of working collaboratively
Previous experience successfully managing multiple, high value and complex grants and/or contracts.
Ability to work as part of a team and to take a collaborative approach. Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance.
Excellent communication skills
Ability to bring a positive outlook to working at CBI and energising teams around the mission.
Effective presentation style as well as strong speaking and written communication skills.
Experience of developing and managing a network of professional relationships.
Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the Climate Bond Initiative’s mission
Salary range: GBP 40,000 - GBP50,000 PA.
What’s in it for you?
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £40,000.00-£50,000.00 per year