Head of Market Data Products
Climate Bonds Initiative
6 days ago
Head of Market Data Products
Reporting to: Executive Director
Start date: asap
About the Climate Bonds Initiative*
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
Our main workstreams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.What you’ll be doing…
Team and resource management
- Draft and regularly revise team goals in line with Climate Bonds’ strategic objectives.
- Design, plan, implement, and enforce workflow processes to underpin market intelligence activities across data, analysis and other related solutions covering the full GSS+ labelled and unlabelled debt universe.
- Together with the finance, partnerships, PMO and leadership teams, ensure there is adequate resourcing for all market data-related activities. This includes providing input into the team-level business plan and budget(s).
- Manage relevant team members, including ensuring they are equipped with the required resources
Products and solutions
- Oversee the processes and workflow of database managers/lead analysts,
- Establishment and oversight of processes to review screening methodology
- Identification of gaps, prioritisation of resources, management of developments pipeline
- Represent product range externally and organise the team to support client queries
- Lead and contribute to analyses of the competitive positioning of Climate Bonds market data products and solutions
- Disseminate key ideas and findings to internal and external stakeholder groups to maximise the reach and impact of outputs.
- Represent Climate Bonds in expert groups, events, and other avenues for stakeholder engagement and promotion of market intelligence products and services.
- Manage distribution channels for the data, provide input to negotiate deliverables
Stakeholder management and business development
We would love to hear from you if you…
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience preferably in a fixed income context, including building and managing technical teams or business units with a focus on data (e.g., indexing, ESG data provision)
- The ability to interface with database software development teams.
- Knowledge of the relevance of sustainability themes and their implications for investors, corporates, and the public sector.
- An interest in disclosure requirements and major regulatory developments in climate finance globally
- Knowledge of fixed income markets
- Experience of using financial terminals such as Bloomberg, Refinitiv Eikon, or Wind Financial
- Excellent data analysis and visualisation skills in MS Excel
- Experience in managing teams and people across cultures and time zones, with a focus on early-career professionals
- Attention to detail and an affinity towards creating and enforcing clear processes while being mindful of the end client user experience.
What’s in it for you?
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.
Job Type: Full-time