Head of Fundraising and Programme Design
Climate Bonds Initiative
30+ days ago
Head of Fundraising and Programme Desing
Reporting to: Director of Strategy and Programmes
Due to internal promotion, Climate Bonds Initiaitve is seeking an exceptional Head of Fundraising and Programme Design to lead our journey as we seek to improve our financial stability to enable growth and continue our mission focused activities to mobilise finance for climate solutions.
The Head of Fundraising and Programme Design (FPD) is an integral member of the Climate Bonds senior team and will play an active role as a thought-leader in planning and implementing the organisation’s overall advancement. The Head of FPD will help CBI achieve its strategic priorities by a) providing leadership in the areas of business development and institutional fundraising; b) streamlining internal processes for project and programme initiation and planning, and c) building, empowering, and expanding the FPD team. The role will be both an internal facing and external facing role.
Internally, the role will be responsible for facilitating dialogue across the organisation to develop and design high-impact programmatic concepts and proposals. Externally, the role will entail strategic business development and partnership development. The post-holder will develop connections with new funders with a focus on philanthropic Foundations and institutional funders, as well as deepen existing relationships, through well-targeted and innovative approaches, and in collaboration with relationship holders across various on-the-ground teams. This role will support the Director of Strategy and Programmes to achieve maximum impact by implementing robust strategies to grow the income of both our programmatic and core funds significantly and ensure the long-term financial stability of CBI.
What you'll be doing...
- Develop a Fundraising Plan with a focus on increasing both programme and core funding, updating it regularly to reflect evolving internal and external contexts and priorities
- Execute the implementation of the Fundraising Plan, including prospect research and mapping, cultivation and acquisition of new funders, stewardship of current donor relationships
- Direct and support the mapping and operationalisation of partnerships with implementing partners with the dual aims of optimising impact through collaboration and raising revenue through consortiums
- Direct the development of marketing and comms assets, oversee and prepare other written communications such as briefing reports, newsletters, and periodic updates on activities to secure new funding and renewals.
- Embrace and promote usage of the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Communicate internally and externally an in-depth knowledge of Climate Bonds Initiative’s Theory of Change and strategic funding priorities.
- Lead the development of high-quality project/programme design documentsincluding* pitch decks, concept notes, proposals* through collaborative co-design methodologies, working vertically and laterally, as well as with external partners where advantageous.
- Liaise and coordinate with Heads of Teams on grant fundraising efforts being led by other teams, and provide quality assurance and consistency across all submitted proposals and budgets, support negotiations, and ensure coordinated efforts across the income portfolio
- Guide and oversee tracking and reporting on the prospects and proposal pipeline and provide dashboard reporting to Director of Strategy and Programmes and SLT, highlighting risks and escalating issues when necessary.
- Lead the team in streamlining internal processes to ensure a smooth process of proposal development, from the early initiation stages to contract signing and kick-off.
- Work closely with PAL to socialise new processes, and ensure continual evolution of the Project Management Framework (PMF) to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
- Support the uptake of new IT systems and collaboration tools including Click-Up, Dynamics, Sharepoint, etc.
- Support the PAL team in evaluating program success and identify improvements
- Support the Director of Strategy and Programmes in organsiational development processes
- Lead the FPD team, relying on their expertise and providing clear goals, appropriate guidance, and transparency to build trust and ensure individual and team excellence
- Recruit, hire, and supervise a top-notch professional team that also includes rotating interns and consultants as needed
- Implement, monitor, and evolve the FPD Team goals and annual Strategic Implementation Plans
We'd love to hear from you if have...
- 10+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrated success in securing grant funding, and designing large-scale, integrated programmes
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to show initiative in developing the role and to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage, coordinate and prioritise across multiple tasks, projects and deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills,
- Proven ability to lead large scale engagement programmes featuring a diverse range of stakeholders from different disciplines and with differing viewpoints;
- Presentation and facilitation skills
What’s in it for you?
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.
Job Type: Full-time