Climate Bonds Initiative
22 days ago
Job title: Certification Manager
Reporting to; Head of Certification
Closing date: 30th January 2023
Start date: asap
The role of the Certification Manager is to manage and support the daily activities of the Climate Bonds Standard and Certification Scheme in a timely and effective manner.
The position requires the support and expansion of the network of issuers and Verifiers under the Standard. This is a hands-on and front-line role with substantial opportunity for initiatives that can to influence and support the future development of the Climate Bonds Standard and the Green Finance Market at large.
What you'll be doing...
- Provide technical and strategic support on the development of the Climate Bonds Certification Scheme and the Sector Criteria
- Monitor developments that affect CBI and the Certification activities and advise the Head of Certification accordingly.
- Contributes to enhancements to existing sector criteria and the development of new criteria
- Ensure that the Certified Bonds and CRM databases are complete and updated at all times
- Respond to technical questions from Regional Teams, Approved Verifiers and Issuers/underwriters
- Ensure that certification information on the Climate Bonds Initiative Website is complete and up to date at all times
- Review and process certification applications
- Provide technical training to verifiers and issuers, organise webinars and participate in CBI external training programmes
- Collaborate with the Standards Team for responding to technical questions and for the dissemination of information about Technical Criteria
- Liaise with the Communications Team to coordinate the release of blog information
- Contribute to business development strategy and the mission/business plan of the Certification Team
- Prepare presentations and promotional materials such as newsletters and brochures
- Research and write regular bond commentary for the Climate Bonds Initiative website
- Support the Assessment of Verifier application forms and coordinate approval process
- Ensure timely and effective communications and reports to the Climate Bonds Standards Board
- Keep up to date with global developments relevant to the Certification Scheme
- Liaise with the Finance Team for invoicing and collection
Supported by the Head of Certification, The Certification Manager is expected to be able to ascertain whether a bond is in compliance with the Climate Bonds Standard and its related Technical Criteria. The Manager is also responsible for the assessment of applications to become an Approved Verifier under the Standard
We would love to hear form you if have...
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a Science or Finance related subject
- Understanding of the principles underpinning climate science
- Strong interest in the field of Climate Finance
- At least 5 years’ working experience in a related field
- Being mission-driven
- Rigorous work ethic and professionalism
- Teamwork mindset
- Collaborative approach to work and decision-making process
- Being able to work in a multicultural work environment
- Excellent written and oral skills in English
- Strong knowledge of MS office application
What’s in it for you?
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.
Job Type: Full-time