Salary: £45-50k full time
Facilitating and promoting the growth of the sustainable debt market by sharing market intelligence and data
- Facilitate the use of CBI’s data product suite including:
- Increase user base of Climate Bonds data products
- Grow revenue share from data products
- Map out prospective and existing user stakeholders and develop a strong understanding of user requirements
- Ownership of sales process for Climate Bonds’ range of products
- Develop strong competitive intelligence and identify opportunities for further product ideas or sales channels
- Contribute to client relationship management and market engagement with users and prospects
- Partnerships team:
- Markets team- work closely with team members, workstream leaders and product owners (lead analyst/manager) to:
- Senior Leadership Team: Communicate with the leadership team about:
- Business development: progress, prioritisation and alignment
- Business and budget planning
- Strategic opportunities
- General market trends
- Risks and challenges relating to the products suite
- Communications and events teams: collaborate on overarching, communications campaigns related to Markets data products and solutions.
- Regional teams: build linkages with regional teams to enhance regional data coverage
- Partners / clients / prospects
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop business plan and build pipeline of prospects for Climate Bonds’ data products suite
- Collaborate with Partnerships team on Market Engagement priorities
- Identify resources and process enhancements for increased sales
Product development input
- Lead the analysis of the competitive positioning of Climate Bonds market data products and solutions
- Feed internal product enhancement and product development by bringing the insight from existing and potential users;
- Organise regular and structured data user (customer) and other stakeholder engagement
Sales and marketing
- Own range of marketing and product collateral and mobilise internal resources to bridge to develop as needed
Measures of Success
- Setting, revising, and achieving clear, SMART business development goals that contribute to Climate Bonds strategic objectives
- A business plan consistent with Climate Bonds company-wide planning and priorities
- Successful collaborations with colleagues underpinned by rigorous workflow processes and a high degree of impactful communication.
- Champion user of internal CRM system
- Implementing a business sale plan informed by a robust understanding of the user stakeholders
- Seamless and timely delivery of a strong data product narrative and offering (that meets identified needs in the market, based on feedback solicited regularly).
- Substantial and relevant work experience preferably in a market product sales context, including development of sales channels and business plans (e.g. capital markets products, indexing, asset management / ETFs, ESG data providers)
- Knowledge of the relevance of sustainability themes and their implications for investors, corporates, and the public sector.
- An interest in disclosure requirements and major regulatory developments in climate finance globally
- Knowledge of capital markets with some familiarity with fixed income
- Commercial mindset and experience in selling data products
- Excellent data analysis and visualisation skills in MS Excel
- Knowledge of CRM systems
- Attention to detail and an affinity towards creating and enforcing clear processes while being mindful of the end client user experience.
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.