Grassroots Reinforcement Project Manager
Climate Action Campaign
Washington, DC, United States
30+ days ago
Grassroots Reinforcement Project Manager - Climate Action Campaign
The Climate Action Campaign is seeking a Grassroots Project Manager to join our Field team. We’re looking for a talented organizer, campaigner and planner to drive our Grassroots Reinforcement Project by growing and engaging our base of 700,000 climate activists.
The Grassroots Project Manager will report to the Senior Director for Field and Campaign Strategy and work collaboratively across the organization. We are a D.C. based staff working with a nationwide team that includes a wide range of leaders and a cross-sector ecosystem of partner organizations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of CAC’s Grassroots Reinforcement Project.
- Craft calendar of email and text action alerts that are aligned with CAC’s strategic priorities.
- Developful and execute plans to build more commitment and move activists up the ladder of engagement.
- Conduct personal outreach and build lasting relationships with high-level activists.
- Lead rapid response by mobilizing climate activists in key areas to join local actions.
- Stay on the cutting edge of best practices for grassroots engagement, leadership development and email/texting programs.
- Design and execute A/B tests and experiments. Share findings across the CAC community.
- Execute CAC’s paid phones program, drafting phone scripts, recruiting partner organizations to sponsor and ensuring flawless execution.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will bring:
- At least 3-4 years of experience in organizing, campaigns or advocacy work.
- Seasoned organizing skills - you are someone who loves to pick up the phone and cold call activists.
- A savvy relationship builder and clear communicator.
- Excellent attention to detail and planning skills.
- Ability to write clear, concise, emotive advocacy alerts for text, phone scripts and occasionally email.
- A fast worker accustomed to moving at campaign speed.
- Experience working with voter files, texting and email platforms.
- Data-driven and focused on tracking key metrics and adjusting tactics to maximize impact.
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/.
If you require reasonable accommodations for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time, Exempt position based in Washington, DC. CAC staff are currently working in a hybrid set-up. COVID vaccinations are required for onsite work.
The starting salary for this position begins at $65,000 and is commensurate based on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.