Climate Action Campaign
Washington, DC, United States
25 days ago
Grant Writer - Climate Action Campaign
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is seeking a Grant Writer to join our Donor Relations team. We’re looking for an experienced writer, strategic thinker, and development communications professional to expand the organization's fundraising efforts and provide critical support to the Donor Relations and Operations departments. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in environmental issues and social justice and will know how to construct a compelling, cohesive narrative that communicates value at every level.
The Grant Writer will report to the Campaign Director and work collaboratively across the organization. We are a nationwide team working with a wide range of leaders and a cross-sector ecosystem of partner organizations.
Key responsibilities may include:
Proposals and Reports
- Writes, revises, and edits drafts of grant proposals and reports, Letters of Intent, and concept notes
- Determines proposal concepts by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs and studying requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Develop an exceptional working understanding of the Campaign, data, funding priorities, and strategic plans to use in grant submissions and reports.
- Write and assist with the preparation of required progress and final reports, including compiling necessary information from program and finance staff, drafting written reports, and coordinating with the fiscal sponsor for timely submission.
- Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposals with key providers and project managers.
- Coordinates with the Senior Director of Operations or Finance and Administration Manager to obtain proposal budgets and other operational documents.
Project Management and Operations
- Manages grants calendar to keep the Donor Relations team and department directors aligned on deadlines.
- Meets deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, preparation, and review.
- Manages the organization of files, collects information with discretion, and demonstrates an ability to maintain confidentiality and use sound judgment.
- Streamline and improve grant-writing operations, including acknowledgment, stewardship, research, data collection, calendaring, and organization of text, data, and stakeholder stories.
- Participate in team meetings and retreats and support programmatic events as needed.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will bring the following:
- 5 years of experience in grant writing in a professional environment, preferably in fundraising/development.
- Experience writing grant proposals for funding requesting > $500K
- Familiarity with the Grantsmanship method of grant writing is highly desirable but optional.
- Excellent technical writing and editing skills.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite; Google Workspace apps).
- Ability to produce a consistently high-quality work product within tight time constraints and competing deadlines.
- Ability to work in partnership with others to complete assigned projects and deadlines
- Must be organized with strong attention to detail, proofreading skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team framework.
- Ability to work effectively as a geographically dispersed team member and communicate with staff at offsite locations. This includes comfort with communicating via phone, Zoom, Slack, etc.
- A demonstrated interest in environmental issues is preferred.
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to implement federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington, D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/.
How to Apply
You will be required to submit a writing sample with your application. Please redact any proprietary information.
If you require reasonable accommodations for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time, Exempt position. The Washington, D.C., metro area is preferred, but candidates in other locations will be considered. CAC staff work in a hybrid set-up with minimal in-office work (1-2 days a week). COVID vaccinations are required for all onsite work. The starting salary for this position begins at $70,000 and is commensurate based on experience.
The Climate Action Campaign is proud to offer the following:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Monthly Technolgy Stipend
- Professional development opportunities
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.