Clean Air Task Force
19 days ago
Position Title: Project Manager
Reports To: Chief of Programs
Type: Full-time position
Location: Remote; flexible within the U.S.
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a nonprofit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies. This is accomplished through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector. CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet's atmosphere. Our team of 100+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and enacting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable. CATF is headquartered in Boston, and has offices in Washington D.C. and Brussels with staff working virtually around world.
The Project Manager will collaborate with the Chief of Programs, Senior Coordinator of Programs, and other senior staff across the organization to support a range of strategies to drive down emissions around the world. The Project Manager will support a wide range of activities including coalition building, analytical work, direct decision-maker advocacy, strategic communications, international diplomacy, and collaboration with leading actors in the private sector.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage crosscutting projects and initiatives aligned with project and program strategies
- Form project teams and work collaboratively to clarify project goals, personnel, budget, timelines, and other matters
- Track project work plan execution and track progress against key performance indicators
- Work with program staff to ensure timely completion of all deliverables; ensure staff follow through on key tasks by providing reminders and offering support as needed
- Support senior program staff in organizing and executing effective meetings internally and externally; assist with agenda and materials preparation, capturing outcomes and next steps
- Spearhead special projects and events, such as workshops
- Create new opportunities for engagement and collaborate with peers at partner NGOs working on shared projects and campaigns
- Collaborate on fundraising and outreach efforts
- Manage project budgets, coordinating with finance and development staff as needed
- Synthesize detailed documents and meeting notes into slide presentations, fact sheets, blogs, talking points, grant reports, and other communications related to projects being managed
- Manage materials vetting related to projects, ensuring sign-off by relevant technical, legal, policy, and communications experts
- An undergraduate degree
- Proven skills and experience working in and leading high-functioning teams, managing projects with tight deadlines in a collaborative way
- Self-starter who enjoys taking initiative and helping others
- Consistent follow-through, highly organized, and committed to high-quality work
- Successful advocacy experience
- Strong computer skills, including comfort with the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to work outside of typical office hours to accommodate colleagues in other time zones
- Passion for CATF's mission
Compensation and Location:
This is a remote, full-time position flexible within the U.S. CATF offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.