Program Associate, Siting
Clean Air Task Force
25 days ago
Position Title: Program Associate, Siting
Reports To: Clean Energy Infrastructure Program Director
Type: Full-time position
Location: Washington, D.C.
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a nonprofit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies. This is accomplished through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector. CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet's atmosphere. Our team of 100+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and enacting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable. CATF is headquartered in Boston, and has offices in Washington D.C. and Brussels with staff working virtually around world.
CATF's Clean Energy Infrastructure Program creates the policy, political, and business environment that ensures clean energy infrastructure is built at the pace, scale, and diversity required to rapidly reduce greenhouse gas emissions in a fair and equitable manner. The Program Associate will support a wide range of activities related to siting of clean energy resources and infrastructure, including coalition building, advocacy, strategic communications, and collaboration across the team and with CATF partners and consultants.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate on or lead projects related to clean energy siting best practices and policy in collaboration with colleagues, partners and/or consultants
- Write white papers, reports, blog posts, and derivative material on clean energy siting-related technology and policy
- Support staff on projects related to program priorities, as needed
- Communicate responsively and clearly with a wide range of partners, including CATF colleagues, partner organizations, and consultants
- Help ensure staff follow through on key tasks by providing reminders and offering support as needed
- Track progress against key performance indicators
- Collaborate on logistics for team events, webinars, and meetings
- Participate in team meetings and support programmatic work, as needed
- Support Clean Energy Infrastructure program staff in organizing and executing effective meetings internally and externally; assist with scheduling, agenda, and materials preparation, capturing outcomes and next steps
- Organize and maintain internal document libraries and other shared resources
- Synthesize detailed documents and meeting notes into slide presentations, fact sheets, blogs, talking points, grant reports, and other communications
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Passion for CATF's mission
- Experience in clean energy resource siting, permitting, project development, community engagement, or related subjects
- Self-starter who enjoys taking initiative and helping others
- Proven skills and experience working in a high-functioning team, contributing to projects with tight deadlines in a collaborative way
- Consistent follow-through, highly organized and committed to high-quality work
- Experience in organizing meetings with staff and stakeholders
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, including comfort with the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills
Compensation and Location:
This is a full-time position located within Washington, D.C. CATF offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.