Infrastructure Policy Manager
Clean Air Task Force
30+ days ago
Position Title: Infrastructure Policy Manager
Reports To: Director of Clean Energy Infrastructure Deployment
Location: Remote; flexible within the U.S.
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a nonprofit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies. This is accomplished through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector. CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet's atmosphere. Our team of 100+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and enacting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable. CATF is headquartered in Boston, and has offices in Washington D.C. and Brussels with staff working virtually around world.
CATF's Clean Energy Infrastructure Deployment Program creates the policy, political, and business environment that ensures clean energy infrastructure is built at the pace, scale, and diversity required to rapidly reduce greenhouse gas emissions in a fair and equitable manner. In support of this Program's goals, the Infrastructure Policy Manager will advance federal policies to support CATF's infrastructure strategy in the United States through research, writing, coalition development, and direct advocacy. Policies that influence siting and permitting of clean energy generation and transmission infrastructure will be of particular focus. The Infrastructure Policy Manager will seek to advance new legislation and improve implementation of existing policy.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the advocacy team, legal team, and other CATF programs, develop and implement advocacy strategies for clean energy infrastructure policy positions on subject including but not limited to: siting, environmental permitting, community engagement, implementation of the Inflation Reduction Act, and the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- Participate in or lead stakeholder coalitions advancing infrastructure policy priorities at the federal level
- Develop, lead, and collaborate on research, analysis, and policy development projects that are in service of the advocacy strategy
- Recruit and oversee contractors to support advocacy projects
- Author white papers, reports, and educational material on federal policy matters in support of advocacy strategy
- Work independently and consistently on time
- Collaborate on logistics for team events, webinars, and meetings
- Participate in team meetings and support programmatic work, as needed
- Support Clean Energy Infrastructure Program staff in organizing and executing effective meetings internally and externally in support of the advocacy strategy; assist with scheduling, agenda and materials preparation, capturing outcomes and next steps
- Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred
- Approximately 3 - 5 years of experience in the federal policy environment, with experience in energy, climate, and/or infrastructure research, analysis, project development, or related work
- Proven skills and experience working in a high-functioning team, managing projects with tight deadlines in a collaborative way
- Self-starter who enjoys taking initiative and helping others
- Consistent follow-through, highly organized, and committed to high-quality work
- Strong computer skills, including comfort with the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented proofreader and editor
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Flexible and able to work outside of typical office hours to accommodate colleagues in other time zones
- Passion for CATF's mission
Compensation and Location:
This is a full-time, remote position, flexible within the U.S. CATF offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.