Head of Talent Acquisition
Clean Air Task Force
16 days ago
Position Title: Head of Talent Acquisition
Reports To: Chief of People
Location: Remote; flexible within the U.S.
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a nonprofit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies. This is accomplished through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector. CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet's atmosphere. Our team of 100+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and enacting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable. CATF is headquartered in Boston, and has offices in Washington D.C. and Brussels with staff working virtually around world.
We are seeking an experienced Head of Talent Acquisition to design and implement a center of expertise for CATF in capabilities planning and talent acquisition (including metrics). This position will design and implement recruiting strategies, manage all the aspects of recruitment and provide expertise to CATF hiring managers, educate, and hone their skills. In addition, this role will monitor recruitment procedures, from sourcing to hiring, and identify high-potential candidates, working closely with the Head of HR-U.S. and Head of Performance, Culture, and Engagement.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement talent acquisition strategies, improvements, and performance
- Work with hiring managers to understand their recruitment requirements and develop the most appropriate sourcing strategy for each role
- Partner with Head of HR-U.S. in relation to resourcing requirements
- Assist managers with the development of role profiles ensuring consistent practices
- Proactively identify suitable active and passive candidates utilizing various sourcing methods such as LinkedIn, CV search functionality on specialist sites, referrals, social media, etc.
- Submit suitable candidates to the relevant hiring manager for review and then follow-up for feedback in a timely manner as well as schedule interviews across the hiring team, and HR
- Ensure candidates are onboarded in an efficient and timely manner
- Responsible for liaising with a large number of candidates across a diverse array of disciplines, levels of seniority, and backgrounds
- Develop and maintain a talent pool of suitably qualified and experienced candidates by utilizing social media and local networks
- Identify the most appropriate sourcing channels to attract the best talent for the role; in particular develop direct sourcing channels and creative recruiting strategies
- Promote internal mobility and champion a diverse and inclusive recruitment strategy
- Identify recruiters and negotiate best terms for CATF
- Support the HR Team with specific yearly initiatives (e.g., DEI, salary benchmarking, etc.)
- Degree preferably in Human Resources or professional Human Resources accreditation
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in recruiting (agency or in-house) including recruiting on a global level
- Proven track record of developing and implementing successful recruitment, sourcing, and selection and assessment strategies
- Strong business acumen and high degree of work ethic
- Confident, excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Culturally sensitive
- Self-motivated, well organized, and detail orientated
- Enjoys working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Able to travel when required
- A customer-centric approach
- Proven experience of managing the end to end recruitment life cycle
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Expert knowledge and experience of managing candidate offer feedback and offer processes
- Good command of IT tools (Office 365, Sharepoint)
- Passion for CATF's mission
Compensation and Location:
This is a full-time, remote position located within the U.S. CATF offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.