Gulf Coast Regional Policy Manager, U.S. State Energy and Climate Policy Program
Clean Air Task Force
30+ days ago
Position Title: Gulf Coast Regional Policy Manager, U.S. State Energy and Climate Policy Program
Reports To: U.S. State Climate Policy Director
Location: Remote; flexible within the Gulf Coast region of the U.S.
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a nonprofit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies. This is accomplished through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector. CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet's atmosphere. Our team of 150+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and enacting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable. CATF is headquartered in Boston, and has offices in Washington D.C. and Brussels with staff working virtually around world.
The Gulf Coast Regional Policy Manager will lead the work of CATF's U.S. State Policy Program in Gulf Coast states to advance a range of decarbonization strategies at the regional and state levels. This involves working collaboratively with members of the U.S. State Policy Program and other CATF programs to deepen CATF's engagement with policymakers and stakeholders. The Gulf Coast Regional Policy Manager will leverage strong relationships, a keen understanding of political dynamics, and technical and policy knowledge to advance CATF's work through direct engagement with policymakers, coalition building, strategic communications, private sector collaborations, and other activities.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of climate policy actions, political dynamics, and stakeholder positions in priority states
- Build relationships of trust with policymakers, partners, and stakeholders
- Work with CATF colleagues, policymakers, partners, and consultants to identify and build opportunities for meaningful policies, programs, and initiatives to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote economic prosperity, and advance environmental justice in the region's priority states
- Work with CATF colleagues to define advocacy strategies in the region and at the federal level
- Work with CATF programs and leadership to craft impactful messaging and communication strategies for advancing state policies
- Develop and implement a regional workplan and track progress against key performance indicators
- Develop written materials, talking points, white papers, online articles, and other messaging documents
- Collaborate on fundraising activities, draft grant reports, and track grant activities
- Collaborate with CATF colleagues and outside partners to plan and execute special projects and events, such as meeting and workshops
- Contribute to a caring, respectful, inclusive, and professional work environment for CATF colleagues and everyone CATF works with
- Master's degree or equivalent/higher degree in a relevant field
- 3-5 years of professional experience in state or federal policy, advocacy, and/or political campaigns with substantive knowledge related to climate policy; applicants with over five years of directly relevant professional experience may be considered for a position of Senior Regional Manager; qualified applicants may have worked as a state or federal official, political advisor, legislative staffer, environmental advocate, lobbyist, consultant, or policy expert
- Proven skills and experience working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment with demonstrated experience managing projects
- Self-motivated, proactive professional who works well independently and with others and who delivers high-quality work on time
- Ability to build and manage new relationships with lawmakers and stakeholders, demonstrated experience working with communities and the public, and ability to develop strategies for progress in complex political and policy environments
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to work outside of typical office hours to accommodate colleagues in other time zones
Compensation and Location:
This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $90,000-$120,000 commensurate with experience. Depending upon education and experience, this position may be for a Senior Regional Manager with a starting salary of $120,000-$150,000. CATF offers an excellent benefits package. The location for this position is flexible within the Gulf Coast states, potentially outside the region.
Please submit a resume and brief cover letter referencing the position title, including contact information for three professional references. We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with priority given to applications received by January 20, 2023.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.