Government Affairs Associate
Clean Air Task Force
8 days ago
Position Title: Government Affairs Associate
Reports To: Director for Government Affairs
Type: Full-time position
Location: Europe, Brussels preferred
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a nonprofit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies. This is accomplished through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector. CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet's atmosphere. Our team of 100+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and enacting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable. CATF is headquartered in Boston, and has offices in Washington D.C. and Brussels with staff working virtually around world.
The Government Affairs Associate will work under the supervision of the government affairs senior staff and work closely with European communications staff, project leaders, and issue experts based in Europe and the United States, as well as European partner organizations to help execute advocacy strategies in support of CATF's program goals and objectives in the region. This is a junior position that offers opportunities for growth in responsibilities in the team.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Outreach and meetings setting – organize and coordinate outreach meetings with policy makers
- Project Management - proactively manage tasks across organizational programs and see work streams through to completion
- Meetings preparation and coordination
- Administrative tasks
- Policy Monitoring – follow the relevant legislative and policy initiatives at the EU level and in key EU member countries
- Strategy implementation – support the EU team in the execution of advocacy strategies towards the EU Institutions
- Written Materials – write and/or edit comment letters, fact sheets, blog articles, and other materials for internal and external dissemination
- Research and analysis – ad hoc research and analysis of key EU policies
- University degree in EU studies or similar
- 1-3 years of experience in EU affairs
- Interest and experience in EU energy and climate policies is an advantage
- English proficiency, other European language skills a plus
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team spirit and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Passion for CATF's mission
Compensation and Location:
This is a full-time position. CATF offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The location for this position is EU-based, preferably Brussels.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.