Government Affairs Manager, Europe
Clean Air Task Force
8 days ago
Position Title: Government Affairs Manager
Reports To: Senior Director for Europe / Director for Government Affairs
Type: Full-time position
Location: Europe, Brussels preferred
Clean Air Task Force (CATF) is a nonprofit organization working to safeguard against the worst impacts of climate change by catalyzing the rapid global development and deployment of low-carbon energy and other climate-protecting technologies. This is accomplished through research and analysis, public advocacy leadership, and partnership with the private sector. CATF is highly respected for its deep expertise and research on energy and industrial systems and potential strategies, technologies, and policies that can radically shrink their impact on the planet’s atmosphere. Our team of 100+ experts and advocates (and global network of subject matter experts and civil society partners) put this research and knowledge into action by designing and enacting public policies that drive toward zero emissions. We also support policies and work directly with private industry to innovate in technology to make the path to zero emissions swift and affordable. CATF is headquartered in Boston, and has offices in Washington D.C. and Brussels with staff working virtually around world.
The Government Affairs Manager will work in the EU affairs team and work closely with European communications staff, project leaders, and issue experts, as well as program staff working at CATF, and European partner organizations to help execute advocacy strategies in support of CATF’s program goals and objectives in the region. This is a position that works across all CATF programs on different relevant topics.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Policy monitoring and tracking – follow the relevant legislative and policy initiatives at the EU level and in key EU member countries, and link CATF technical and policy experts and consultants with policymakers as needed to support development and implementation of strong climate and energy policies
- Strategy development and implementation – develop and implement advocacy strategies towards the EU Institutions and Member States to support organizational goals and objectives in the region
- External relations – reach out, connect, and enhance working relationships with key institutions, lawmakers, policymakers, and NGO networks
- Written Materials – write and/or edit comment letters, fact sheets, and other material for advocacy meetings; provide input on press statements, press releases, blogs, and other written material for distribution to news media and/or posting on CATF’s website
- Cross-programmatic coherence – promote coherence and connection between the different CATF programs active in Europe
- Research and analysis – ad hoc research and analysis of key EU policies
- Fundraising – support fundraising and donor efforts as necessary
- University degree in EU studies or similar
- At least 3 years of experience in EU affairs
- Interest and experience in EU energy and climate policies is an advantage
- English proficiency, other European language skills a plus
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational skills
- Team spirit and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Passion for CATF’s mission
Compensation and Location:
This is a full-time position. CATF offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. The location for this position is EU-based, preferably Brussels.
Please follow this link to submit a resume, cover letter referencing the position title, and contact information for two to three professional and/or academic references.
CATF provides equal employment opportunities.
Do not forget to mention that you found this job ad on the EURACTIV Jobsite!