Senior Supplier Development and Quality Engineer, General
15 days ago
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager, Supplier Quality and Development Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for a Senior Supplier Development & Quality Engineer to ensure the quality of our mechanical parts, electronic components, electro-mechanical sub-assemblies, and packaging. This engineer will be involved in all aspects of parts and component quality from the initial design phase throughout the sustaining mass production. He or she will work closely with our Product design, Electrical, Manufacturing, Product Quality, Testing, and Reliability Engineering teams, and our suppliers and contract manufacturers. To be successful at ChargePoint this person must be highly motivated, self-directed, and comfortable working in a loosely structured and fast-paced environment.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
Supplier Development and Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- All aspects of Supplier Development & Quality Process and Control Systems on the custom mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical parts, and packaging,
- Participate in advance quality related activities such as: DFM (Design-For-Manufacturing), DFT (Design0For-Test), DFR (Design-For-Reliability), Supplier Selection, establishing quality control criteria and goals, DFMEA/PFMEA (Design and Process Failure Mode Effective Analysis), and defining validation and reliability test requirements.
- Perform quality and process audits of new and current suppliers
- Perform Manufacturing (Mfg.) Engineering Responsibilities as required, such as resolving mfg. process issues at supplier factories and creating ECO (Engineering Change Order)
- Work with suppliers on the collection and analysis of their quality and yield data and present the data and report in cross functional meetings.
- Work with suppliers to define and implement In-process and Out-going quality control processes
- Define and implement IQC (Incoming Quality Control) processes for materials received at ChargePoint and at our manufacturing and logistics partners
- Work with suppliers and ChargePoint Electrical Design Engineer, Test engineer and Reliability Engineer on root cause analysis of factory and field failures resulting from supply quality issues
- Lead cross-functional teams to define and implement corrective actions and rework activities as required to address supply quality issue
- 5+ years' experience working in high power supply design, mfg. engineering, quality engineering and/or quality management roles
- Solid knowledge of mechanical and cosmetic quality concepts and methodologies.
- Solid understanding and experience applying problem solving tools including root cause analysis, statistical tools and processes, and design of experiments (DOE)
- Familiarity with FA (Failure Analysis) techniques for electrical components and assemblies
- Knowledge of IPC–A-610 and IPC 925 or equivalent for quality acceptance criteria for PCB and PCBA
- Experienced in one or more of: AC-DC, DC-DC converters, analog circuit, digital design, signal integrity
- Experience in capacitive multi-touch, and LCD is a plus
- Experience in Antenna or WIFI module is a plus
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally: 25+% of the time.
- Bachelor's degree (master's degree a plus) in Mechanical, Product, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Fluent English communication and writing skill. Able to present to executive management in a larger audience meeting
- Strong Technical Leadership lead and drive proactive preventative actions functional failure and mechanical defect escape from factory into customer hands
- Excellent teamworking with strong cross functional team collaboration and negotiation skills
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.