Staff Embedded Software Engineer
Reading, United Kingdom
30 days ago
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager, Platform Software
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for an outstanding engineer interested in applying creativity and a broad skill set toward building cutting-edge firmware for a next generation vehicle charging platform. You will work on design, implementation, and testing of embedded firmware on ARM based microprocessors controlling high power electronics.
- Provide technical leadership and make key architectural decisions which have implications across multiple projects
- Develop and support embedded firmware for the control of high-power electronics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across geographies with hardware, system and cloud engineering teams to define and implement specifications, features, and APIs.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Experience and knowledge of embedded software.
- Ability to develop for RTOS and Linux based environments.
- Strong motivation and a positive, can-do attitude to work through engineering challenges.
- Enthusiasm for working with distributed teams.
- Ability to understand system-wide implications of electronic design and software integration.
- Demonstrated ability to own projects and drive them to completion
- Extensive experience in developing embedded systems using C/C++.
- Hands-on experience developing for Linux, RTOS and bare-metal systems. FreeRTOS experience is a plus.
- Good understanding and working knowledge on one or more of: CAN, SPI, I2C, ModBus.
- Experience with software build tools, source control systems, and data management tools, namely gcc, git, Confluence and JIRA.
- Pro-active, communicative self-starter comfortable working in a geographically diverse team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in an Agile development model and complete tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
- B.Eng, B.Sc or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- The level of this position will be determined at interview
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.