NOC Delivery Engineer
30+ days ago
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior NOC Delivery Manager
What You Will Be Doing
(Sr) NOC Support Engineers will provide technical and network problem resolution to end-users by monitor, correlate, manage and act on proactive alerts received. Define and diagnosing resolutions to issue and drive availability of charging stations. Systematically reduce critical outages and improved overall network uptime and work collaboratively with other services teams Critical to follow ITIL service lifecyvcle Framework and ensure MTTR and MTBF are achieved. Create technical documentation and make improvements to processes and procedures. Perform proactive preventative maintenance for both hardware and software. Script creation, collect and review performance reports for various systems and report trends on station performance and energy optimization metrics
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Tenacious commitment to customer focused support
- Comfort with making complex decisions and excited by "thinking outside the box"
- The ability to read and understand site drawings, field repair guides and product specifications
- Must have exceptional troubleshooting and advanced analytical thinking skills for complex issue resolution between hardware/software components
- Ability to accurately convey complex concepts in easily digestible communications both verbally and in writing
- Proven experience in driving initiatives, cross-functional collaborations, and holding others accountable to expectations
- Create test plans, test cases, and other documents based on software expectations and specifications.
- Account management skills including investigating and understanding current and historical issues for specific accounts
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Ability to work effectively and complete tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Open communicator, ability to give and receive actionable feedback
- Proactively identify areas of product improvement including design enhancements, failure analysis, and quality control
- Focuses and guides self in accomplishing work objectives
- Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict
- Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivation
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed
- Minimum of 2 years in a technical support environment for complex hardware and software solutions
- Working experience, certifications, or bachelor's degree in technical field
- Experiences desired:
- Embedded Linux, RTOS, System Administration, syslog parsing/triage
- ITIL Service lifecycle and task / project management required
- Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, M2M communications, etc.)
- Power distribution and/or power electronics fundamentals, familiarity with AC/DC EV charging protocols: CCS, CHAdeMO, J1772 etc.
- Cloud based management platform and application support
- Documentation and creating knowledge articles
- Capture serviceability and supportability requirements to improve support deliver to customers.
- Ability to work with hardware and software engineering on problem resolution
- CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Jira or other bug management tools
- NetSuite or other ERP management tools
- Strong communication, interpersonal, motivational, and organizational skills.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.