Senior Systems Test Engineer
Campbell, CA, United States
30+ days ago
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Systems Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for a creative and highly motivated Senior Systems Test Engineer to help ensure that our products meet high design, development, and production quality. The position will play a key role in driving many aspects of developing high-quality systems.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Focus on creating hardware and software to ensure high quality product designs at ChargePoint.
- Come up with detailed development test plan from Requirements by collaborating with HW and SW teams, and actively take part in prioritizing test needs.
- Support Systems Design Engineers in the product development with characterization testing
- Bring your experience with high voltage and high-power testing to create safe test setups and guide other engineers/ technicians on the practices.
- Bring your experience with development test procedures and processes into the team, identify bottlenecks and suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Work with engineers and technicians to setup test benches to take the product from prototype to regulatory and release into manufacturing.
- Automate the test benches to improve testing efficiency.
- Provide design feedback and suggestions for improvements based on observed test results.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent industry experience. Master's degree preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in development testing of electrical equipment.
- Experience with designing, setting up the test benches, and executing the test sequences.
- Experience with working on high voltage systems (480Vac/ 1000VDC).
- Needs to be hands-on with tools & modifications, adept with use of instrumentation such as Oscilloscopes and power analyzers, and electrical troubleshooting.
- Familiar with basic Linux commands and working with Ethernet and Wifi networks.
- Familiarity with interpreting communication standards & protocols, and applying them to the product testing.
- Enjoys working in cross-functional groups and providing direction to technicians.
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $70,000 to $137,000. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.