Senior Staff Software Engineer - Vcomms
Campbell, CA, United States
27 days ago
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Embedded Software Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
- Work on embedded platform software in a Linux-based environment
- Write event-driven and asynchronous applications primarily in C++
- Write software that communicates with and controls other devices over interfaces including CAN, UART, I2C, SPI and others
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to define specifications, features, and APIs
- Participate in design and code reviews, as well as mentor other members of the team
- 15+ years of experience with SW development, with 5+ years in the embedded domain
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Expert level coding in C and/or C++11 (preferably in a Linux environment)
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Ability to break down complex problems and drive towards a solution
Nice to Have
- Experience with event loops, asynchronous event-driven architecture and developing scalable and latency-optimized distributed application services
- Experience with networking and network programming
- Good systems level knowledge and excellent debugging skills in a distributed systems environment
- Proficient with modern C++ (14 and 17)
- Proficient with GCC, Make, CMake, git, gdb
- Experience with messaging interfaces such as MQTT, D-Bus, CoAP
- Experience with custom Linux BSPs, board bring-up, device drivers, file systems
- Experience with buildroot, yocto, systemd
- Exposure in connectivity architecture using Wireless (Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC), and wired (Ethernet) interfaces
- Some prior experience with EV / EVSE products is a big plus
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $105,000 to $231,500. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.