Senior Engineering Project Manager
Campbell, CA, United States
30+ days ago
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Vice President, Engineering Program Management
What You Will Be Doing
- Project Lead a multi-discipline and globally diverse team to deliver the next generation of EV charging products ahead of our competition
- Primary Point of Contact for cross-functional project-related topics
- Responsible for end-2-end program management
- Maintain project page with cross functional inputs
- Coordinate and oversee projects that cover multiple domains
- Develop and manage a detailed cross project schedule
- Manage and track inter-project dependencies
- Manage and track Project KPI's - schedule, scope and budget
- Proactively identify risks, drive the team to implement mitigations and escalate as needed
- Drive team accountability to deliver to plan
- Implement proper change management controls to document, review, approve/reject, and report any changes to the plan
- Mentor and guide other members of the core team as needed
- Regular project reporting to management and stakeholders
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Implement and improve project execution methodologies within the organization
- Coordinate with other EPM's as needed
What You Bring to ChargePoint
- Software Engineering Program/Project Manager leads software programs that are software only and/ or hardware systems with embedded software for both Internal and External customers.
- May also Lead Focus/Initiative teams throughout the Product Development life cycle for new products and work closely with stakeholders from Engineering (Platform, Cloud, Mobile, Business Applications) and Product Management.
- Responsible to meet KPI for project success (Eg: Schedule, Cost, Quality etc)
- Coordinate the Product and Engineering teams in the critical transition from Product Requirements Document to Engineering Response Document
- Coordinate with the platform/embedded, cloud, and mobile software engineering teams by interfacing with the product management and business applications teams in the product development process.
- Facilitate Change management, scope creep and prioritization in project execution
- Communicate regular project status, manage risk, and escalate to leadership as required.
- Track and manage resource utilization across the various projects and programs
- Enabler to removing obstacles by engaging the cross functional team
- Facilitate cross-functional coordination with the hardware/system engineering program managers who support hardware, mechanical, electrical engineering, and operations teams to ensure product deliverables are met on-time and meet requirements.
- Partner with engineering management to facilitate all aspects of projects: prioritize, schedule, track, proactively manage and communicate status of projects; manage dependencies and blockers.
- Coordinate the projects and their interdependencies between new and sustaining projects including those in production and released to the field.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Software/Computer engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years managing large, complex, multi-disciplined new product developments
- Experience leading the introduction of new technologies with a proven understanding of product development lifecycles
- Ability to work efficiently with new technologies and industry trends
- Fluency in Agile/Scrum iterative project methods and processes, with some experience in Waterfall methodologies (Scrum/Agile certifications a plus)
- Excellent leadership skills to work seamlessly with various stakeholders (Engineering, Product Management, IT Business Applications, Customer Support)
- Strong written and verbal communication is key as you drive projects forward, prioritize work, facilitate the removal of obstacles, and escalate risks
- Prior experience as a development engineer is a definite plus
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $70,000 to $163,000. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.