Senior Electrical Engineer
Campbell, CA, United States
30+ days ago
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
ChargePoint is looking for a creative and versatile Senior Electrical Engineer to help ensure ChargePoint's DC chargers meet high design, development and production quality. The role will operate in a cross-functional role to drive many aspects of ChargePoint's high power DC charger products.
What You Will Be Doing
- Act as a cross-functional team member closing the technical gaps in engineering, manufacturing, and field operation.
- Assist in solving ongoing challenges in manufacturing, test, field operations working closely with engineering team.
- Driving quality of the product from mechanical, electrical, product design, hardware, software, and ease of use perspectives.
- Work with manufacturing test team to understand the failure, work with engineering to find root cause, devise a solution and drive the solution to closure.
- works cross-functionally to resolve early (architectural) and late (lab, test & validation) dependencies of Systems Engineering team.
- Experience in leading a team that understands distributed electrical systems
- Empower simple to moderately complex test fixtures for REL and Factory.
- Establish internal test standards and methods for all aspects of EV chargers: cables, enclosures, labels and finishes, PCBAs, etc.
- Test and validate the functionality of full product as defined in the PRD/ERD
- Work with Safety and Regulatory to troubleshoot and fix any issues that arise during compliance testing
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in electrical or electronic system design, validation, and testing. Power Electronics background a big plus.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including executive presentations.
- Experience with Scopes, DVMs and hi-pot testers, IR cameras and other tools and equipment for troubleshooting.
- Experience working with x-functional teams: mechanical, software, and test.
- Deep understanding in product design testing and characterization.
- Experience testing high power 240-480VAC / 500-1000VDC products desired.
- Current knowledge of industry standards for consumer and industrial products.
- Knowledge of EV charging standards a plus
- Familiarity with environmental, reliability, compliance (NEC, UL and IEEE standards), and safety requirements for electrical equipment.
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $70,000 to $149,000. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.