With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Regional SE Manager
What You Will Be Doing
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the regional sales team with technical aspects of customer engagement. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing technology evaluation, working as a key advisor and advocate for our products and solutions, engaging with customers in person or on the phone, performing engineering site assessments, and developing recommendations to assist customers with deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure. You will also be responsible for developing RFP responses.
The applicant must be self-motivated and able to effectively manage their time.
Travel requirement: Approximately 30% travel within United States.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Develop and deliver presentations to partners and customers in support of the sales process, educating potential customers on the benefits of ChargePoint solutions.
- You act as a technical consultant, learning and understanding customer needs and developing the right solutions; working with product management to help align product development with customer and market needs.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of electric vehicle and fleet directions and trends, and how to effectively integrate electric vehicles and charging infrastructure into fleet operations.
- Provide technical training on our products and solutions to ChargePoint sales, partners, as well as end customers.
- Maintain knowledge of the competitive landscape and how to sell against the competition.
- Identify technical issues that may affect customer satisfaction and proactively work to resolve such issues.
- Provide both general best practice and site specific electrical and civil engineering recommendations, including reviewing site layouts, proposing charger types and locations, developing single-line diagrams and CAD site layouts.
- You provide both general "best practice" and site-specific engineering recommendations for civil and electrical infrastructure and telecommunications (cellular and WiFi); analyze and perform detailed calculations for electrical service load profiling, capacity planning, and energy management.
- Maintain knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and relevant state and local codes, specifically related to Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE).
- You respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs; assist in the development and execution of SoWs (statements of work) and other proposals.
- Respond to Information Security / Information Technology (IS/IT) questions related to network security and data privacy.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8+ years of combined experience in technical sales or technical consulting
- Proficient with CAD and Microsoft Office
- Fleet vehicle operations or large facility experience desired
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
- Experience around some of electrical engineering, construction management, telecommunications, information technology, technical writing.
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $54,000 to $104,500. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.