Product Portfolio - Summer Associate
Campbell, CA, United States
30+ days ago
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and services solutions for every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses,
automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that's been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As now a public company, we remain focused on broadening our market leadership and building on years of innovation. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Product Portfolio Manager
Are you a highly analytical, strategic thinker? Do you enjoy dissecting business models and daydreaming about ways to increase adoption? Do you want to do that at a mission-driven company that is transforming transportation by enabling everyone to drive electric?
ChargePoint's Product Portfolio team provides strategic direction and defines solutions to serve our Home, Commercial and Fleet customers as well as our EV Driver users. Our portfolio of solutions addresses the needs of various segments through a combination of hardware, software, support, and purchase models.
What You Will Be Doing
As a Summer Associate in the Product Portfolio team, you will serve as a strategist for a segment or service area to maximize ChargePoint's solution value. As an integral part of the product team, you will work closely with experienced product managers and cross-functional leaders to define the future of electric vehicle charging.
In this role, you will work on specific projects to deepen our understanding and shape our ongoing strategy to increase charging solutions adoption. Some possible areas of exploration include:
- Map ecosystem landscapes including competitive, adjacent, and value-chain participants; assess market trends, business models, and customer needs to best position ChargePoint to increase charging solution adoption across the home charging product vertical and its nascent sub-segments.
- Develop a residential energy management strategy for the nexus of EV charging and broader home energy solutions and define how ChargePoint should evolve product features and service offerings to win key strategic accounts and capture market share within the energy sector.
- For the diverse and nascent sub-segments of the electric mobility Fleet vertical (e.g., e-mobility TNCs, car-share/rental companies, logistics and delivery providers, transit, autonomous transportation) define how ChargePoint should evolve product features and service offerings to win key strategic accounts and capture market share.
In this role, you will:
- Support the crafting of the customer-centric vision, strategy, and business plan for assigned solutions
- Analyze ChargePoint's business model, GTM and offer structure to serve the segment; recommend how to optimize for rapid adoption, high customer satisfaction and retention.
- Utilize expertise of business strategy, financial modeling, business data analysis, and customer discovery to define the solution vision and inform product planning and development.
- Track market trends and competitive offerings, interface with customers and sales organization to drive product direction and ensure capabilities meet market needs and customer satisfaction goals.
- Identify integration and partnership opportunities with customers and adjacent technologies (e.g., fuel cards, telematics, infrastructure financing, property/fleet management) that extend ChargePoint's reach.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in product management, consulting, business development or corporate strategy roles.
- Excellent ability to synthesize data and represent it clearly and simply for executives, customers and other stakeholders to drive decision-making.
- Aptitude for managing multiple, diverse stakeholders across verticals, functions, and levels and facilitating alignment.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to work independently and chart direction of projects/programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent cross-functional team player.
- Strong Excel, Tableau, and other data analysis and financial modeling skills.
- Bachelor's degree and in pursuit of or attained an MBA or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the energy sector an asset.
- Passionate about ChargePoint and our mission.
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $25 to $30. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.