With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Strategic Sourcing
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- As the Sourcing Manager you will define, develop, and implement a state-of-the-art supply chain strategy bringing scalability, efficiency, quality, and cost optimization.
- You will be required to strategically organize supply chain activities to simplify and consolidate suppliers, maximizing leverage while focusing on security of supply, quality, and cost.
- Influence R&D to align design efforts with preferred and reputable sourcing partners.
- The Sourcing Manager will support and execute key supply agreements vs dual sourcing strategy to maximize results.
- As the leader of supply chain, you will be required to establish key process indicators (KPI) to measure and trend improvements for all important operational metrics to yield year over year product cost savings and margin improvements.
- You will manage rapid changes through efficient communication a coordination between R&D and Manufacturing to bring the best cost at product launch in the right supply chain.
- You will manage staff including recruiting, resource planning, and succession planning, establishing long term goals and quarterly objectives aligned with the company initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, supply chain management, or related field.
- Minimum of Eight (8) years in supply chain management including a minimum of 4 years directing the organization.
- Experience and strong understanding in mechanicals and cables.
- Strong negotiation skills, and extremely motivated and willing to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a hard-working and multidisciplinary team.
- ERP (preferably NetSuite) and PLM (preferably Arena) experience required.
- Experience in building and managing teams sourcing parts for complex equipment is a must.
- Organization, verbal and written communication, attention to detail.
ChargePoint is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The targeted US salary range for roles at this operating level is $87,500 to $165,250. This range represents base salary and does not reflect equity, benefits or variable pay where applicable. Actual base salaries are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, certifications and specific work location.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.