Senior Staff System Software Engineer
8 days ago
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Senior Manager, Embedded Software Engineering
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for an outstanding senior engineer interested in applying a broad skill set toward building cutting-edge software for a next-generation vehicle charging platform. You will architect, design, implement, and test new systems in a rapidly evolving problem-space.
This will include:
- Develop and support Linux based embedded System/Application software for the control of high-power electronics.
- Collaborate cross-functionally across geographies with firmware, systems and cloud engineering teams to define and implement specifications, features, and APIs.
- Mentor and set the pace for the rest of the engineers in the team.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Experience and knowledge of embedded System/Application software.
- Ability to develop for RTOS and Linux based environments. Strong familiarity with IPCs, user-kernel interactions
- Strong motivation to work through engineering challenges.
- Enthusiasm for working with distributed teams.
- Ability to understand the building blocks of a charging product including Networking (LTE, Wireless, BLE), Authorization/Payments(RFID) , Linux user applications and kernel/driver interactions
- Eng, B.Tech or higher in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 12+ years total development experience including the lifecycle of the software (Product/Feature requirements, Functional Requirements, HLD, coding, UIT etc)
- 8+ years of experience in developing embedded system products using C/C++ (Preferably C++17)
- Expert-level C++/C coding in a Linux/RTOS environment is a requirement.
- Managed and implemented large scale projects (not necessarily embedded, but application level, using Linux systems programming)
- Well aware of Linux IPC concepts, event driven architecture.
- Solid grasp on architecture principles, design principles (SOLID) and design patterns
- Good to have IoT experience and setting up devices, communication to cloud (experience with MQTT, etc protocols)
- Good to have python (Python 3) experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to translate software requirements to low level design.
- Evangelize clean architecture, clean code practices and follow the same.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to make critical system-level design decisions and drive projects from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Working with EV / EVSE products is a big plus.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.