With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world's leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it's like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
What You Will Be Doing
Join us as a Senior Back-End Engineer of Vehicle Telematics team and spearhead the development of our stateless vehicle data processing system. This cutting-edge project involves the consumption of binary data via Kafka, translating it into actionable vehicle model parameters, and building comprehensive analyses on top of the raw data. You'll be tasked with designing systems that efficiently store and serve this processed data, either live via WebSocket or on-demand via API.
Leveraging your expertise and experience, you'll lead our efforts to create next-generation software solutions. While experience with NodeJS is advantageous for navigating our existing infrastructure, your focus will be on harnessing the power of Kotlin and Spring Boot to push the boundaries of what our technology can achieve.
Embedded within a SCRUM team—comprised of four developers, a data scientist, alongside close collaboration with our Product Manager and UX designer —you'll thrive in an environment that champions autonomy and innovative problem-solving. You'll have the freedom to tackle challenges head-on, from resolving service alerts from the monitoring system to architecting solutions that shape the future of e-mobility.
This role is not just about coding; it is about making a significant impact on the future of e-mobility, with the autonomy to lead projects and the support to grow as a technical expert.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Ability to make and explain architectural choices
- Experience with Kafka • Open communicator, ability to give and receive actionable feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong understanding of all the development phases, from design to implementation, testing, and release
- Strong feeling of ownership
- Understanding of cloud and infrastructure (AWS, Terraform, Helm)
- Experience in the EV market
- Interest in Big Data, Scalability, Continuous Integration and Delivery, and IoT
- Familiarity with SCRUM methodology
- Awareness of the importance of Application Performance Monitoring (APM), some of the tools we work with:
- Familiar with our stack (or similar ones):
- Hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure as code and GitOps
- Understanding of web concepts such as session, cache, cookies, connection, and pooling
Hybrid in Amsterdam
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.