San Francisco, CA, United States
30+ days ago
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
About the Position
The Assistant supports not only a senior program leader, but also other senior staffers. We seek an energetic, highly motivated and organized, self-starter to play a critical administrative and programmatic support role, both internally and externally. This full-time position reports to senior staff member.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the Senior Program Director:
- acting as a primary point of contact,
- prioritizing phone calls, correspondence, and meeting requests,
- managing calendars/schedules, and
- ensuring follow-through of specific activities and projects to completion;
- Support the Senior Director in setting agendas for weekly team meetings, taking and disseminating meeting notes, and ensuring appropriate follow-up;
- Attend internal and external meetings, as assigned, in order to take notes, identify next steps, and ensure follow-through of activities to completion;
- Assist in development and management of team planning, goal setting, and impact tracking, working in concert with Senior Director and project leads;
- Support coordination, logistics, and management of team retreats, working closely with Senior Directors and project leads;
- Assist team in roll out and distribution activities of key reports and special projects;
- Provide event and development activity support for Senior Directors, including conducting research, drafting speaking points and/or presentations, and attending meetings, as needed;
- Assist with planning, coordination, and logistics for Ceres annual conference, Investor Summit, and other organization-wide events;
- Book travel, schedule meetings, and draft trip itineraries for Senior Directors;
- Process Senior Directors’ expense reports, reimbursements, and other finance-related administrative duties; and
- Support engagements with network members, external partners, funders, and special projects, as necessary.
- Travel to meetings and events, as required.
- Previous office experience, including internships considered.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills. Experience as an assistant to a senior executive, a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment and high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to manage confidential information and maintain discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy in all contacts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent research and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work proactively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, sustainability issues, particularly understanding of the role of business, the investment community, and/or NGOs, a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, a plus.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
The hiring range for this position is $46,000 to $47,000.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,000.00 - $47,000.00 per year