Manager, Investor Engagement, Water Team Liaison
30+ days ago
Manager, Investor Engagement, Water Team Liaison
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Manager, Investor Engagement, Water Team Liaison plays a key role in Ceres’ work with institutional investors with a focus on engaging them on the Valuing Water Finance Initiative and water risk, generally. This position focuses on supporting and engaging members of Ceres’ Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability, a network of more than 200 institutional investors with more than $47 trillion in assets under management and its Investor Water Hub working group which includes institutional investors from around the globe. This is a cross-functional position which reports to the Director, Investor Engagement on the Investor Network and has a “dotted line” relationship to the Water Team’s Director, Investor Engagement.
Specific duties include the following:
- Manage and deepen Ceres’ relationships with asset owners and asset managers serving a dedicated portfolio of investors with a keen interest in water risk;
- Recruit new asset owner and asset manager members to the Investor Network and encourage their action on water risk and the Valuing Water Finance Initiative, as well as broader Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues;
- Support Ceres’ Investor Network relationship management system for tracking member engagement and activities focused on water risk;
- Promote “sustainable investment” policies and practices that incorporate water risk and other ESG factors into the investment decision-making process;
- Research, write, and edit communications with Investor Network members, including for website, newsletters, reports and other publications, incorporating water risk topics;
- Partner with the Director of Investor Engagement, Water to achieve various investor-related corporate engagement goals and strategies;
- Support outreach, calls, meetings, and presentations with investors on water risk and Investor Water Hub working group members;
- Advise and support Ceres’ Water Program in developing a focus list of companies and investors for shareholder dialogues, resolutions and providing input to shareholder resolution text;
- Identify opportunities and implement avenues to advance Ceres Water Program goals through projects and activities with Investor Network members;
- Partner with the Director, Investor Engagement, Water and the Communications team to develop media messaging and communications materials such as op-eds, press releases, and blogs.
- Partner with the Director, Investor Engagement, Water in funder meetings and outreach to potential new funders, with the Ceres Development Team;
- Achieve visibility for Ceres water-focused work by helping to organize and manage panels and speaking at investor-facing global events;
- Where appropriate, supervise interns or other staff on projects;
- Travel as necessary for relationship management purposes;
- Manage implementation and deliverables for assigned grant reporting;
- Manage annual projects surveys, and other investor related research on water risk.
- Minimum of five years of work experience, preferably direct experience working in ESG investing or on sustainability-related issues;
- An understanding of institutional investors and financial markets;
- Strong meeting facilitation, communication and presentation skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable deliverables;
- Strong strategic thinking and tactical skills, and ability to mobilize constituencies toward clear goals;
- Experience managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with investors, multiple partners and/or companies;
- Demonstrated capacity to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, take precise notes, and work well in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders;
- Strong organization, writing, and project management skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience using Bloomberg and Salesforce, a plus;
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, passion for learning and a willingness to become proficient in ESG data, frameworks and reporting;
- Self-starter with an ability to work well both independently and collaboratively;
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills;
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity;
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
The hiring salary range for this position is $75,000-$77,000.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $77,000.00 per year