FALL INTERN 2022 - JUST AND INCLUSIVE ECONOMY
30+ days ago
FALL INTERN 2022 – PROGRAM INNOVATION & EVALUATION – JIE
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Ceres JIE team is seeking a detail-oriented and accomplished researcher to contribute to the development of a research project focused on a JIE and DEI analysis of the banking sector. The project will include an in-depth literature review, and possible internal publication and presentation. The work of this internship will align with the Ceres agenda outlined in the “Build a Just and Inclusive Economy” section of the Ceres Roadmap 2030.
We are looking for candidates with strong research and organizational skills, an ability to work independently, and some familiarity with environmental and sustainability policies.
Specific opportunities to support this work may include but are not limited to:
- Develop a JIE/DEI profile of large U.S. banks including a comparison to smaller, community banks and other financial institutions, as well as to international (European and Asian, in particular) norms and trends.
- Determine any JIE related material costs that can be identified and quantified.
- Assess which factors in the U.S. norms and trends (banking regulations, geographical spread, shareholder drivers, etc.) might allow us to incentivize the sector to use JIE indicators and metrics as part of their operational key performance indicators.
- Collect and organize research findings and sources into shared team documents
- Communicate with internal Ceres research collaborators and external consultants
- Assist in analyzing research and data collected to be presented in a publication
Our ideal candidate will have a mix of the following skills:
- Awareness of the issues covered in the “Build a Just and Inclusive Economy” section of the Ceres Roadmap 2030, gained through relevant life, academic, or career experience
- Experience reviewing and synthesizing multiple different sources of qualitative information into a cohesive case for action
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize responsibilities, and work independently while being part of a team
- Prior educational or professional experience in finance or banking sectors, a plus
- Prior professional experience (full-time, part-time or internship) is a plus.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Pay: $17.00 per hour