Director, Talent Acquisition and Workforce Planning
18 days ago
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
This Director will report to the Vice President of People & Operations and will lead talent acquisition, and workforce planning initiatives. We are looking for an experienced, strategic, proactive, agile, results oriented, collaborative, innovative leader, with an inclusion mindset. The Director will assess and anticipate needs and develop long and short-term strategies to include defining Ceres sourcing, strategy, driving succession and workforce planning, and oversee a team responsible for candidate selection and the intern/Co-op program in alignment with organizational needs. The Director will work remotely with the expectation of occasionally working from our Boston or San Francisco offices. Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
Develop and Drive Talent Acquisition Strategy
- Develop talent acquisition strategy, incorporating job postings and social media, relationships with external partners (to include colleges, universities, professional organizations), employee referral campaigns and other initiatives to ensure the development of a diverse, qualified candidate pipeline.
- Oversee the management of Ceres’ Intern/Co-op programs through identification of opportunities throughout the organization consistent with funding and ensuring the timely placement of qualified and diverse candidates in roles that offer development and contribute to ongoing growth of Ceres ’ talent pipeline.
- Maintain and consistently report on talent acquisition metrics, conducting trend analysis using data to assess effectiveness of strategies and progress towards goals
- Manage recruitment and selection process to ensure that all open positions are filled in a timely manager to meet business objectives.
- Partner with People Development and DEI to ensure hiring teams are trained on the process and can employ appropriate resources to engage in the hiring process in an unbiased, timely and effective manner.
- Ensure optimization of the existing applicant tracking system (ATS). Play integral role in oversight, administration and any future selection and implementation of upgrades or ATS changes moving forward.
- Manage the inventory of job descriptions to maintain integrity; ensure corresponding job postings for advertisement, and interview questions are developed for each role and maintained.
- Assign requisitions to recruiters to ensure alignment with business needs consistent with Ceres workforce
- Lead and develop the Talent Acquisition team to ensure successful implementation of talent acquisition strategy and foster professional growth
- Serve as recruiter for executive level and critical roles throughout Ceres as necessary.
- Ensure compliance in applicant tracking and record keeping.
- Meet regularly with program and department leadership to develop and refine staffing strategies that align with business needs and organizational plan with consideration of: Department needs, succession and career growth for existing staff, grant funding opportunities and strategic organizational design
- Partner with the Director of People Development to review and assess individual talent and team effectiveness and establish strategy to support succession planning, and organizational design effectiveness for further review with VP POps.
- Create and implement succession planning process and build succession plans for key roles throughout the organization, including development of talent pipelines
- Review gaps in leadership/management, identify needs for further capability or capacity across departments, confer with senior leadership making recommendations, and develop talent acquisition strategies according to available funding and FTE approval.
- Research market data and best practices to inform talent acquisition strategy, workforce and succession planning.
- Identify opportunities to leverage social media and other technology for talent acquisition and workforce planning
- Serve as a subject matter expert and consult to organization regarding critical people selection issues
- Employer Branding and Employee Value Proposition
- Partner with Marketing & Communications to drive employer branding for Ceres to include revising the Employer Value Proposition. Develop and implement communication and marketing plan for the EVP.
- Partner with DEI team to ensure the development of strategic sourcing.
We understand that there are many paths to acquiring expertise and experience and therefore welcome candidates from diverse and nontraditional backgrounds for this role who have demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to carry out the major duties outlined in this job description, including the following required skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or relevant field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years full cycle recruiting and/or workforce planning experience (or combination) required with at least 2 years' experience cultivating effective and results driven supervisory relationships with direct reports or as a team leader
- Experience developing sourcing and acquisition strategies to develop a pipeline of candidates of diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds using job boards, social media, ATS and other means.
- Demonstrated commitment to building and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Experience utilizing a variety of selection methods and techniques to suit operational need
- Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
- Ability to successfully engage in communications effectively and proactively in both written and oral means with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Well-organized with strong time management and project management skills and demonstrated experience in successfully connecting people and projects across functional areas to drive results.
- Experience creating, selecting, and/or using systems to track data to inform reporting to senior leadership and improve processes.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and a proactive, can-do attitude to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective collaborator and ability to perform all duties appropriately in an environment that is diverse in many respects, while treating all persons with dignity and respect; experience being flexible, willing to engage in difficult conversations, and be diplomatic with all constituent groups.
- A commitment to working in a mission-driven organization with a strong level of curiosity and desire to make sound recommendations and choices about workforce planning., strategy and candidate selection, and willingness to drive and support Ceres’ Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Strong emotional intelligence, an ability to lead with empathy and inquiry, experience developing trusting relationships with colleagues, and an ability to manage confidential information.
- Knowledgeable of the Microsoft Office Suite (outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, teams, SharePoint), and comfortable with CRM systems such as Salesforce
The hiring salary is $110,000 to $120,000 commensurate with experience and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before
applying: www.ceres.org. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references through our online application system.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.