Director, Investor Network (Asset Manager)
30+ days ago
Director, Investor Network (Asset Manager)
Ceres is a nonprofit organization working with the most influential capital market leaders to solve the world’s greatest sustainability challenges. Through our powerful networks and global collaborations of investors, companies, and nonprofits, we inspire equitable market-based and policy solutions throughout the economy to build a just and sustainable future.
For more information about Ceres, please visit ceres.org.
The Ceres Investor Network includes more than 220 institutional investors managing more than $60 trillion in assets. Ceres works with investors to advance sustainable investment practices, engage with corporate leaders, and advocate for key policy and regulatory solutions to accelerate the transition to a just, sustainable, net zero emissions economy. The Ceres Company Network includes major corporations committed to driving sustainable business leadership by taking action to stabilize the climate, protect water and natural resources, and build a just and inclusive economy. Ceres works with companies to integrate sustainability into corporate decision-making, challenge traditional business practices and collaborate towards systems-level change.
For more information about Ceres’ networks, please visit www.ceres.org/networks.
Description and Responsibilities
The Director plays a leadership role in the Net Zero Asset Manager (NZAM) Initiative, a collaborative global investor initiative that is part of the Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ) and a partner in the UNFCCC’s Race to Zero Campaign. The Ceres Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability is a group of more than 200 leading institutional investors with collective assets under management of over $47 trillion.
Ceres is looking for a candidate who is a strategic thinker and an understanding of U. S institutional investment finance markets that will manage high-level engagement and collaboration with global institutional investor networks (Network Partners) and other external partners. This position reports to a senior member of the Investor Network team.
This role is a full-time position that may work remotely or in the Boston, MA office or San Francisco, CA office. Candidates must be flexible to work with employees in all US time zones.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee management of NZAM as principal Secretariat Staff for the period when Ceres is chairing NZAM
- Serve as primary liaison with GFANZ and Race to Zero on behalf of NZAM and Ceres (supporting Ceres President and CEO, Accelerator Managing Director, and Sr. Program Director, IN)
- Develop and implement with other team members, strategic plans and campaigns for engaging Ceres IN members and Network Partners’ members in NZAM
- Oversee NZAM working groups and project work with investors
- Participate in Ceres IN Working Groups, and Relationship Management work
- Partner with the Communications team in developing NZAM media messaging and communications materials, such as op-eds, press releases, reports, and blogs
- Attend and present at key investor meetings and events (with a focus on NZAM issues)
- Track NZAM Signatory progress and Investor Network member progress on NZAM Commitments, Targets and ICAPs
- Participate in tracking and evaluation of member progress for Ceres’ priorities and working groups utilizing the Ceres Salesforce platform
- Serve as point of contact for NZAM partners—AIGCC, CDP, IGCC, IIGCC and PRI as well as other investor groups and external stakeholders
- Partner with Program Directors of the Investor Network and the Ceres Accelerator in funder meetings and outreach to potential new funders, with the Ceres Development Team
- Participate in planning and organizing Ceres annual conference and program events for the Investor Network
- Partner with Program Director, other Investor Network team members and cross-Ceres teams on work plans, team management and joint initiatives
- Train and supervise other Investor Network team staff or interns with a particular focus on NZAM staff and other staff supporting Paris-aligned Investment priorities
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, working in investment sector on sustainability-related issues, preferred
- Knowledge of or experience working with institutional investors and financial markets on environment, finance, energy, water, and/or sustainability or environmental issues, a plus
- Knowledge of global net zero initiatives and climate and energy issues, a plus
- Experience supervising staff, including ability to provide training and support staff development
- Demonstrated experience with complex partnerships and collaborations
- Strong meeting facilitation, communication, and presentation skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable deliverables
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment and high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to manage confidential information and maintain discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy in all contacts
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), other database applications, teleconference and webinar systems and standard e-mail computer applications
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific Ceres’ applications necessary for success: ReadyTalk, Salesforce, Bloomberg, listserv program, and others
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
- Willingness to travel as needed
Compensation: The hiring salary is $113,000 to $115,000 and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Join our team by applying to Careers at Ceres. We encourage all applicants to review our website to learn more about Ceres’ goals, mission, and values. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you have questions related to the above or need a reasonable accommodation under the ADA, please contact our ADA Coordinator at ADArequest@ceres.org.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.