Manager, Investor Network Relationship Management and Paris-Aligned Investm
Boston, MA, United States
30+ days ago
Manager, Investor Network Relationship Management and Paris-Aligned Investment
Manager, Investor Network
Relationship Management and Paris-Aligned Investment
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description and Responsibilities
This Manager will serve as a relationship manager for a significant number of investors in the Investor Network. The Manager will also coordinate, conduct, and support campaigns and investor engagements around Paris-aligned Investment. They will provide direct support to investors with research and briefings, individual technical support, guidance documents, working groups, and public events. As a member of the Paris-aligned Investment Team (within the Investor Network), the Manager helps manage and ensure achievement of Ceres’ Paris-aligned Investment goals and will help coordinate and implement global strategies with the Investor Agenda, Net-Zero Asset Managers (NZAM), and Paris-Aligned Asset Owners.
This full-time position is based in Boston, MA or San Francisco, CA and reports to a Director on the Investor Network. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as relationship manager for a diverse set of Investor Network (IN) members.
- Manage and execute outreach to network members by Ceres staff, including sign-on letters, meeting requests, and events, using Ceres’ Partner Engagement Management System (PEMS).
- Participate in bringing investors into Ceres IN and into specific working groups (WGs) through prospect meetings and outreach.
- Manage projects to meet Ceres Paris-aligned Investment SMART goals and funder deliverables.
- Support Ceres Net Zero campaigns (NZAM, PA AO, and other elements of Net Zero Finance).
- Develop technical guidance (supplements to the Net Zero Investment Framework, Guidance and updates for the ICAPS Ladder).
- Support the Paris-Aligned Investment Working Group and subgroups (like coffee chats and investor consultations)
- Participate in global partnerships and working groups in support of Ceres Paris-aligned Investment work (ICAPS WG, NZAM Staff Working Group, Paris-Aligned Investment WG or other global WGs that may emerge).
- Infrequent travel to meetings and events, including international travel, as required.
- In addition to managing projects, the Manager may be asked to supervise assistants, associates or interns as the Paris-aligned Investment work continues to grow and new staff are added to the Investor Team.
- Minimum of five years of work experience, preferably direct experience working in ESG investing, corporate sustainability, sustainable business, or on sustainability-related issues. Focus on climate and net zero investment strategies preferred.
- Desire to work with institutional investors to impact climate change and ESG investing.
- An understanding of institutional investors and financial markets.
- Strong meeting facilitation, communication, and presentation skills, including synthesizing research and conceptual work into actionable deliverables.
- Strong strategic thinking and tactical skills, and ability to mobilize constituencies toward clear goals.
- Experience managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with different stakeholders and constituencies.
- Strong organization, writing, and project management skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, take precise notes, and work well in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience using Bloomberg terminal and Salesforce a plus.
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, passion for learning and a willingness to become proficient in ESG data, frameworks, and reporting.
- Self-starter with an ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
Compensation: The hiring salary is $75,000 to $77,000 and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references through our online application system.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $77,000.00 per year