Manager, Corporate Climate Action (Climate & Energy)
Boston, MA, United States
30+ days ago
Manager, Corporate Climate Action (Climate & Energy)
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Manager will lead transition plan related programmatic work for the Ambition 2030 Initiative while working on the Climate & Energy team to improve the sustainability performance of companies. Specifically, the work of the Manager will focus on developing the analytical framework by which Ceres evaluates company Transition Plans including determining whether companies are on track to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in alignment with the most recent and robust science while addressing key social issues including just transition, justice, equity, diversity, and environmental justice. Ambition 2030 builds on Ceres’ decades of leadership and success in building investor and corporate climate leadership through our powerful networks and engagement initiatives, and this manager will build Ceres expertise and tools to support our networks with transition plans. The manager will also coordinate monitoring and evaluation work in close collaboration with the Innovation and Evaluation teams.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director, Corporate Climate Action. This role may be based in Boston or remotely.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage internal coordination and review of transition plan guidance and tools and serve as an internal expert.
- Support investors on engaging companies to develop robust transition plans through company analysis and the development of engagement guidance, talking points, and resolution text.
- Manage the development and execution of programmatic strategy for Ceres’ Ambition 2030 and Climate and Energy work related to transition plans, including work planning, output delivery and progress evaluation.
- Serve as the Climate and Energy team’s point person on organizational quarterly and annual progress reporting.
- Manage consultants to conduct research and deliver data and written materials, as needed.
- Manage the planning and execution of educational events for investors and companies related to transition plans and company performance.
- Stay current on scientific and market developments related to corporate climate action including, but not limited to, value chain greenhouse gas accounting, science-based targets, reporting and verification, just transition, and corporate supply chains
- Coordinate with other Ceres program teams (e.g., Investor Network, Company Network, Communications, Development, Operations, Food and Forests, and Water) as needed to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Lead the upkeep of the Ambition 2030 transition plan webpage, which will include guidance, case studies, infographics and other information that will be useful to investors, companies and other stakeholders
- Assure that programmatic strategies maximize the impact of our work through a lens of social and racial equity
- Train and supervise other Ambition 2030 and Climate and Energy team staff or interns as needed
- Five years of work experience on corporate sustainability issues, showing a progression of responsibilities in their positions. Experience advising or working with companies directly on carbon accounting, goal setting, and transition planning a plus.
- Understanding of corporations including corporate reporting and business strategy tools a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate climate action and transition planning, including scope 3 accounting, goal setting, reporting and disclosure, policy engagement, and just and inclusive transition strategies through academic coursework or direct work experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills overseeing multiple projects, staff, and/or external relationships at the same time.
- Effective presentation style and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sound judgment, experience working with diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong initiative.
- Prior experience training or supervising individuals from diverse backgrounds a plus.
- Proven leadership and people skills, including a demonstrated ability to mentor the skills and effectiveness of other team members, with a special focus on equity.
- Effective facilitation skills.
- Proficient with Office word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, excel, database, and e-mail computer applications
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
The hiring salary range for this position is $75,000-$77,000.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $77,000.00 per year