Manager, Communications and Marketing, Water
Boston, MA, United States
30+ days ago
Manager, Communications and Marketing, Water
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses. For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description and Responsibilities
The Manager, Communications and Marketing will be a highly-skilled and organized communications professional looking to join a fast-paced sustainability advocacy organization. Working closely with the cross-cutting communications and marketing team, this position will lead all strategic communications work for the Ceres water team and support one of Ceres’ signature initiatives: Valuing Water Finance Initiative. The Manager will be responsible for developing and executing communications plans around key moments and messaging pieces. The Manager will develop columns, blogs, and newsletters, conduct media relations and placement outreach, draft messaging, including social media and website messaging, support paid and unpaid marketing tactics, organize media and speaking engagements, and support virtual webinars and events. Ceres is looking for a candidate with strong communications and writing skills and superb project and relationship management skills. This position reports to the Senior Program Director, Water with a dotted line to the Vice President, Communications and Marketing. This is a full-time salaried position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute communications plans for the Ceres water team to leverage high-quality messaging and content in the media and among investor and corporate stakeholders and nonprofit partners.
- Research and write columns, blogs, newsletters and other initiative and water-related content that is accurate, clear, concise, compelling, and strikes the right tone and balance.
- Manage and coordinate targeted media relations work to generate uptake in earned news coverage of Ceres work and its Valuing Water Finance Initiative.
- Work with Ceres experts to support on-the-record interviews, provide quotes and statements, author columns and editorials, and amplify messages on social media.
- Develop rollout plans for the dissemination of reports and briefs and other content, ensuring coordination internally with Ceres’ overall calendar and Communications and Marketing priorities, as well as consistency in messaging, branding and execution.
- Identify and support speaking engagements and virtual webinars and events to leverage Ceres experts and Valuing Water Finance Task Force members.
- Provide support for paid and unpaid marketing tactics to reach key audiences and stakeholders with targeted messages and content.
- Provide input on website, social media, eCommunity messaging and other marketing messaging.
- Expand and strengthen media partnerships to leverage content, and reach expanded and new audiences and stakeholders.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with the communications staff of investors, companies and nonprofit partners, as well as editors and journalists.
- Adopt Ceres brand writing, messaging and design guidelines for written content; and follow AP writing style and grammar rules.
- Participate in regular check-ins with supervisors to ensure weekly communications priorities are consistent with organizational priorities and team work plans and goals.
- Work closely with the other communications and marketing staff to coordinate on all media and marketing activities.
- Provide direct column writing and speaking engagement support the Water Program and other Ceres water experts, as needed.
- Handle other relevant duties as assigned.
- 5 years of work experience in journalism, communications, public relations, required.
- Experience developing media relations strategies and working in fast-paced media environments.
- Strong writing and fact-checking skills with experience writing for media audiences including pitches, press releases, statements, columns/op-eds, etc.
- Experience with producing content that resonate with various audiences including media, policymakers and the investor community.
- Existing relationships with water, sustainability, business, and financial reporters, preferred.
- Experience managing and strengthening relationships and coordinating with multiple partners.
- Strong organizational, project management and relationship management skills.
- Ability to regularly evaluate workload and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Able to work well independently and as a team member.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Desire to work in a mission-driven and nonprofit environment.
The hiring salary range for this position is $75,000-$77,000.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $77,000.00 per year