Boston, MA, United States
30+ days ago
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Position Description & Responsibilities
The hundreds of companies and investment firms that make up our Company, Investor and Policy Networks are central to Ceres’ efforts to champion effective solutions to the world’s largest sustainability challenges. The Manager, Analytics will play a key role in ensuring we support and deploy our members and partners for maximum impact across all of Ceres’ program areas. This is a new, full-time role, reporting to the Vice President of Innovation and Evaluation, with a dotted line to the Senior Director of Shareholder Engagement. The Manager will be the lead in maintaining and evolving a range of organizational systems, Salesforce dashboards, and best practices that support the health of our membership networks and inform strategic decision making on Ceres’ major campaigns and initiatives. Specific duties include the following:
Partner Engagement Management System (PEMS)
- With technical support from Ceres’ Information Systems team, you will be responsible for enhancing the effectiveness of Ceres’ Salesforce-based Partner Engagement Management system (PEMS) (which is similar to a CRM). You will develop and execute strategies to increase internal user adoption, improve real-time monitoring, and enhance strategic insights from the data to identify opportunities to better deploy our members, inform evaluations of impact, and improve Ceres‘ longer-term planning capabilities.
- You will be in charge of monitoring key system metrics and approving requests from staff seeking to serve as relationship managers on new accounts.
Campaign planning and analytics
- Working with staff across Ceres’ programs, you will develop, refine and monitor internal management dashboards and data collection processes to enable real time insights on the progress of Ceres’ various investor and corporate campaigns.
- You will own a component of our annual internal planning process (development of focus lists) that supports strategic prioritization of our “asks” to Ceres’ members and partner organizations.
Building staff capacity to engage our partners
- In partnership with Ceres Investor team and Company Network, you will develop and implement training for staff on Ceres’ strategies for engaging with companies and investors. As part of this, you will maintain and/or help develop a set of internal guidance and training resources.
- Five years or more of full-time work experience, with a preference for experience supporting a large client base or membership network.
- Strong analytical, organization, writing, and project management skills
- Demonstrated familiarity with CRM-systems, with a preference for Salesforce experience.
- Experience providing training and developing training resources.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, take precise notes, and work well in a fast-paced environment while managing varied projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, passion for learning.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Ability to bring a positive outlook to working at Ceres.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
Compensation: The hiring salary is $75,000 to $77,000 and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $77,000.00 per year