FALL INTERN 2022 - BICEP NETWORK MANAGEMENT
Boston, MA, United States
26 days ago
FALL INTERN 2022 – BICEP NETWORK MANAGEMENT
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The Policy Team at Ceres works with companies through the Business for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy (BICEP) Network to advance climate and clean energy policies at the federal and state levels.
The BICEP Network helps companies voice their support for the policies our economy urgently needs to prevent the risks of the climate crisis while bolstering industries, jobs, and growth as part of the solution. These companies are respected leaders in their industries, and they recognize that transitioning to a just and inclusive clean energy economy is necessary for the planet and for business.
The BICEP Network team is seeking an intern to support Network recruitment and retention. The intern will specifically focus on researching prospective members and creating reports to show members’ annual advocacy engagement.
Specific opportunities to support this work may include but are not limited to:
- Using publicly available information to research and analyze the sustainability performance and past climate actions of individual companies through the lens of prospective member research;
- Supporting the creation of annual member advocacy reports to increase member engagement over time and provide a positive member experience;
- Sharing opportunities and news with member and prospective member organizations through regular communications;
- Assisting with the management of the organization's database.
Our ideal candidate will have a mix of the following skills:
- Experience researching, reviewing, and synthesizing multiple different sources (preferably with experience reviewing corporate sustainability reports) of qualitative information into an evaluation of performance and cohesive case for action;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize responsibilities, and work independently while being part of a team;
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex sustainability issues and communicate them to a professional audience through strong written communication skills;
- Interest in climate advocacy and some familiarity with climate and environmental policies.
Job Type: Internship
Pay: $17.00 per hour