Associate, Events & Sponsorship
Boston, MA, United States
30+ days ago
Associate, Events & Sponsorship
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Ceres Events & Sponsorship team is responsible for planning, organizing and executing our large annual events as well as ongoing programmatic events such as webinars and invite-only convenings. The team also provides support in engaging sponsors for these events through research, internal/external outreach and follow-up, and by tracking all sponsorship on an organization-wide basis. The Events & Sponsorship team engages with all Ceres program teams on these efforts and works closely with the Development, Operations and Communications teams.
The Associate will help organize program team events and internal Staff events. This full-time Associate position offers a unique opportunity to become skilled at event planning and project management while being an integral part of the Ceres team. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and tracking virtual event logistics. Responsibilities include, assisting with day-of logistics for virtual events including presenting PowerPoints and running technical webinar support, producing and distributing reports related to event registration and coordinating with Salesforce to ensure registration is tracked appropriately, troubleshooting issues for event registrants and panelists
- Supporting with in-person event logistics as needed (due to COVID-19, hosting these in-person events has been and will continue to be very limited until health protocols have been updated). Types of support could include making sure that travel/lodging arrangements have been made, organizing and shipping inventory for events to event sites, leading the setup, cleanup, and packing/unpacking boxes.
- Working with Marketing and Communications on the refinement of event related content and/or the development of post-event videos.
- Assist in the development of debrief activities (i.e., compiling survey results, maintaining notes for future event development, and tracking diversity, equity and inclusion event metrics).
- Working with the Manager of Events to research, contact and request RFPs from outside vendors about pricing and contracts, and reporting findings to the Director for final approval, as it relates to technical needs and within the appointed budget and timelines.
- Performing administrative duties such as managing calendars, scheduling meetings, note taking during meetings, filing, photocopying, mailing correspondence, and organizing and ordering materials.
- As needed (at the discretion of the Manager):
- Coordinating with the Finance team for accurate accounting as it relates to event registration costs, fees, refunds, invoices, etc.
- Assist with the development of All-staff Ceres events (i.e., Yearly retreat and/or holiday party)
- Support the Executive Team with the logistics for the Board of Directors retreat and Board and Presidents Council events, as needed
- Two years of previous work experience.
- Prior experience supporting events is highly desired.
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills. Experience assisting a senior staffer, a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment and high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to manage confidential information and maintain discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy in all contacts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player that has a sense of humor and looks at problems as opportunities and/or is solutions oriented.
- Ability to work pro-actively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Experience and/or comfort with supporting or engaging with high-level external partners or senior level staff from a variety of backgrounds, a plus
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail, and presentation programs.
- Ability to lift items up to 50 pounds.
- Willingness to work overtime around events schedule.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Zoom, and event platforms, a plus.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
Compensation: The hiring salary is $49,000 to $50,000 and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three references through our online application system.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year