CALSTART is seeking a Zero Emissions Truck Program Manager to lead commercial freight vehicle research and analysis in support of our US policy work, particularly focused on strong regulatory requirements at the federal and state level. This role supports Truck & Off-road market acceleration and public policy work, liaising with the Policy team, Drive to Zero, and DnA as needed. Externally, will work with CARB to support analysis related to the ZET Affinity Group (funded by CARB/HVIP) and may also support the Ditching Diesel project. May also work with Boundary Stone and external stakeholders in DC as CALSTART pursues No FET for ZET policy.
Additionally, the Zero Emission Truck Program Manager will:
- Lead and perform analyses of regulatory impacts, total cost of ownership, market segmentation, market penetration, and other supporting analytical work
- Draft knowledge products (fact sheets, slide decks, video explainers, etc.) to assist stakeholders (fleets, OEMs, charging providers, etc.) in understanding policy implications and requirements and how to take advantage of available incentive programs.
- Will work with CALSTART's Marketing and Communications team on final design and execution of these products.
- Draft comments in response to federal and state policy comment periods and other policy inquiries from regulators or press
- Liaise with CALSTART's Policy team to advance zero-emission truck policy priorities
- Track zero-emission policy adoption across all 50 US states and territories
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states and Europe. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road equipment), fuels, and innovative mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- 5+ years working in the clean commercial vehicle and truck space with a focus on technology, policy and policy analysis.
- Knowledgeable about the commercial vehicle sector, including truck classes, applications, and segmentation.
- Understanding of state and federal rule-making processes, timing and requirements
- Understanding of zero-emission technology
Bachelor's Degree, transportation policy, public policy, business, environmental management or equivalent training and experience
- Exceptional policy analysis, writing, presentation and speaking skills
- Experience conducting applied social science, educational, etc. research including [research methodology, survey techniques, program evaluations, descriptive and inferential statistical analysis, etc. conducting research and analysis to inform policy positions and knowledge products.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Employee Wellness Program that includes on-demand fitness and mindfulness classes
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
To apply: If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART includes the complete salary range for our Program Manager ($95,000 to $125,000). We determine starting pay based on education, experience, internal equity, and any other factors relevant to the job. Starting pay for this role will typically be from $95,000-$104,500.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.