Trucks Innovation Project Lead
30+ days ago
This Lead Project Manager (LPM) role will support the Northeast Regional Office with a specific focus on our Freight Electrification-as-a-Service for Transformation (FEaST) project (https://www.electrictruckandbuschallenge.org/awardees/calstart). An intensive multi-year, multi-stakeholder project involving various internal CALSTART teams and diverse external partners including truck fleets, electric truck manufacturers, financing entities, and workforce training specialists, FEaST was recently announced as a recipient of an $8 million Grand Prize award in New York's Clean Transportation Prizes program. This project will directly result in reducing trucking emissions and create green jobs for disadvantaged communities in and around New York City. If you are located in the Northeast and want to make a meaningful difference in your community, apply now!
The Trucks Innovation Project Lead will report to CALSTART's Senior Director for the Northeast Region and will be responsible for the following:
- Managing day-to-day activities of CALSTART staff and external partners in accordance with our FEaST statement of work
- Leading coordination with NYSERDA and its team of support contractors, including regular progress meetings and reports
- Identifying opportunities for promoting and replicating the FEaST model elsewhere in the Northeast region
- Additional project-based or business development activities related to workforce development, innovative finance, or fleet electrification in the Northeast region, as needed
- 4+ years of project management (including management of scopes of work and budgets)
- Demonstrated experience managing internal and external teams toward completion of project goals
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience working with truck fleets, dealers, or manufacturers
- Prior experience working in professional or workforce development initiatives
- Prior experience working in diversity, equity, and inclusion and/or community engagement
- Knowledge of the electric vehicle and charging industry
- Familiarity with finance concepts and structures
- Familiarity with trucking fleet decision-making and market landscape
- Master's Degree
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us.
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $109,000.00 per year