Technical Project Manager 2, Validation & Assessment
21 days ago
CALSTART has an immediate opening for a highly motivated person to join our team as a Technical Project Manager 2, Validation and Assessment . This position will support the Technical Program Manager, Validation and Assessment with a variety of data validation efforts across multiple vehicle platforms and technologies. This role will have the opportunity to lead projects and develop/maintain stakeholder relationships and assist in data collection/analysis.
Additionally, the Technical Project Manager 2 will:
- Work closely with project stakeholders (including government agencies, fleets, and manufacturers) to manage project timelines, budgets, and associated deliverables.
- Actively communicate with internal and external partners, making sure expectations are established and deadlines set and followed.
- Assist with clean transportation equipment data collection and analysis.
- Create materials (dashboards, charts, presentations, etc.) and use them to effectively communicate results to a wide range of audiences.
- Write reports summarizing research and project results.
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 29 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
- A Bachelor's Degree Environmental Science, Suitability, Engineering, other related fields or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of direct project management experience
- Experience managing project partner relations and oversight of roles and responsibilities
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and written skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- General data competency and experience managing, analyzing, and visualizing data
- Experience working with tools for data analysis (RStudio, Python, GIS, Tableau, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Project management certification such as Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- 1+ years of experience working in the clean transportation industry
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive annual salary based upon experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers (http://www.calstart.org/careers)
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time